The Beach House On Little Maritzburg
This spacious open-plan house is just a few steps off the lawn onto sought after Salt Rock Main Beach. Your holiday here will offer an incredible experience of being close to the ocean. Enjoy watching whales frolicking and dolphins cruising up and down the coast, and it’s just a few minutes’ walk down to a patrolled swimming beach for some excellent swimming, surfing and body-boarding. The tidal pool is also within easy walking distance past main beach for the kids, or take a stroll down to Catfish Beach. Everything to enjoy about the ocean is right on your doorstep.
Sleeping up to 10 guests, the house features an open plan kitchen (with scullery), dining room with 10-seater table and lounge with TV. A second lounge with TV opening out onto a large undercover patio with L-shaped couch and second 10-seater dining table and uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean.
There are 4 uniquely decorated bedrooms (all en-suite, 1 with bath) inside the house, including a bunk room for the kids. To the side, a self-contained cottage with 1 bedroom with en-suite, lounge with TV and a kitchen equipped with kettle and a fridge. Enjoy a comfortable nights’ sleep listening to the ocean on mattresses made with imported memory foam. There are ceiling fans in all the bedrooms and 1 air-conditioning unit in the cottage bedroom.
4 beds for the kids: bunk bed, single bed, pullout bed (best suited for smaller children)
Queen bed, sleeper couch
- Bath, beach towels, good quality linen provided along with toilet paper and liquid hand soap
- Binoculars for whale watching
- Indoor braai
- Beach umbrella
- Bring your own surfing, swimming and diving gear
- Camp cot
- High chair
- Laundry facilities at extra cost
- Security system fully armed with beams and immediate IPSS response
- Burglar proof doors and windows
- Gated parking for up to 3 vehicles
- Shopping mall with Woolworths, Checkers. Clicks 5 mins drive
- Doctor 5 minute drive
- Alberlito Hospital 10 minute drive
- Many good quality restaurants within 5km
- King Shaka Airport 15 minute drive
- Flag Animal Farm for the kids
- Crocodile and reptile park 20 mins drive
- Sugar Rush Activity Park with cycling and jump park for the kids
- 3 excellent golf courses within 15 drive
- Ushaka marine world 45 minute drive to Durban
- Umhlanga and Gateway Mall, 25 minute drive
This is a family home and is unavailable for events or parties. Students must be accompanied by at least 2 adults. There is no fence between the lawn and the beach.
The house is serviced each day Monday to Saturday excluding public holidays. Any requirements outside of these times can be arranged at extra cost.
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The location was absolutely perfect, right on the beach! The home was so well “decked out” with everything you could think of and possibly need. There was a burst pipe and no water for a day while we were there and we were able to switch over to using water from tanks, and the host came to drop off drinking water. We didn’t even notice a difference and we didn’t even struggle in this instance. So perfect! And the extra touches of champagne for New Years, a basket of goodies just added to everything even more. Yvonne, the helper, was so amazing and helpful! I can not recommend this place more, it is an absolute gem to stay at!”
Charene, January 2019
“Rebecca’s home on the beach exceeded all expectations! A very spacious home for a big family with a spectacular ocean view as you walk in the front door. Superbly clean with everything we needed. We were able to sit on the lawn and watch the kids play on the beach. Ronel the hostess is very friendly with quick responses. Yvonne the cleaning lady is friendly and super efficient.”
Edwardine, December 2018