Our nearest beaches are Southport, Banana Beach, Umtentweni and we are 1,5 km from the sea.
The property borders on a river and nature is totally unspoilt. When the river-mouth is closed, you will be able to paddle to the sea.
There are various types of small wildlife on the property. Please do not feed and spoil the monkeys, they will become very familiar! A very rich and diverse birdlife will provide many hours of entertainment.
Each tent is fully equipped - bathroom, kitchen with microwave oven, 2 plate stove with oven, fridge and all eating /cooking utensils. Linen and bath towels are provided as well as electric blankets on the beds, a small oil heater for winter times, a good quality pedestal fan for summer and a small safe for valuables.
Each tent has a DVD machine, a TV with channels 1, 2, 3 and eTV. DSTV is available , please bring your OWN DECODER & CARD. You only have to bring your own food, beverages, clothes and beach towels. Each tent has its own braai area - please use this facility when making a fire.
Each tent will be serviced daily free of charge between 10:00 and 11:00. Accommodation is available after 2 pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated at 10 am on the day of departure. Each tent has an alarm system and is enclosed by an electrified fence, so please ensure that children are made fully aware of this fact.
Office hours are from 08:00 to 18:00.
Arrival times later than 18:00 must please be arranged with the office before hand.
In and out of season rates are applicable.
Weekend accommodation is from Friday 14:00 to Sunday 17:00.
2, 3 and 4 Sleeper units are available.
Please familiarise yourself on our photo album page with the specific unit that will suit your stay.
Management will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to property as well as personal injury of any description during your stay on the property.
There is a swimming pool on the premises for our guest's use.
No pets are allowed.
You are coming to Nature so please be considerate, especially with regard to late nights and music.
This little corner of God's earth is very close to our hearts. We hope you will share our sentiments so that others passing through will also share the pretty pleasures of Thandulula !
On your GPS insert 30 degrees 41'6.25"S - 30 degrees 29'50.12"E or Thandulula, Southport which will bring you to our sign boards, please follow signage towards our gate.
Take the N2 South Coast road just past the Pavillion Shopping Centre, travel about 120 kms - take the Hibberdene turn-off left and left again, to the traffic lights in Hibberdene, continue straight forapproximately 20 km on R 102 road through Pumula, past Banana Beach, Anerley to the traffic lights in Southport with Total Garage on the left, still travelling straight past the first turnoff with Hibiscus Agency on left side, look out for Thandulula brown directional sign on left, at the next Thandulula sign turn right and then left, follow the signs up to our gate.
From the Southern Drakensberg:
Take the Ixopo/Umzinto Road to N2 South - take the Hibberdene turn-off left and left again, to the traffic lights in Hibberdene, continue straight for approximately 20 km on R 102 road past Pumula, Banana Beach, Anerley to the traffic lights in Southport with Total Garage on the left, continue straight past the first turnoff with Hibiscus Agency on left side, look out for Thandulula brown directional sign on left, at the next Thandulula sign turn right and then left, follow the signs towards our gate.
You may also go past Hibberdene off ramp, heading to Port Shepstone North off-ramp (Tweni Plaza / Toll Gate), turn left from the Toll road, left again, travel approximately 3.5 km to the 1st Robot, turn left, cross the bridge with garage on left side, go straight to 2nd Robot with Sayidi Coffee Shop and Farm Stall on right side, cross the bridge, look out for Thandulula Brown directional boards, turn left at first turnoff after the bridge, follow our sign boards towards our gate. Toll fees are applicable at this off ramp.
From East London, Kokstad, Harding and Port Shepstone:
From Kokstad drive to R102 up to robots at the Pick & Pay Centre in Port Shepstone travel about 9 km towards Durban, at 2nd robot with Spar and JAXX Restaurant on left hand side, go straight to 3rd robot (Rethman Drive left goes to Toll Road), go straight across the bridge with garage on left hand side, towards 4th robot with Sayidi Coffee Shop and Farm Stall on right side, cross the bridge, look out for Thandulula Brown directional boards, turn left at first turnoff after the bridge, follow our sign boards towards our gate.
Only a truly, valid reason will be considered.
In all cases a 10% handling fee will be applicable;
30 days and less – no refund;
31 - 90 days - 50% of the deposit less the 10%, will be refunded;
90 days and longer – full deposit less the 10%, will be refunded.
- Bookings are not transferable
- No refunds on early departures.
Arrival & Departure Times
The units are available from 14:00 on day of arrival and departure time is normally at 10:00 on departure day unless another time is arranged with the office – see departure time on page one next to day of departure.
Weekend accommodation departure OUT OF SEASON is at 14h00
Terms Of Payment
- Normally 50% deposit within TWO DAYS will confirm your booking and the balance is payable before ór on arrival.
- Please note: no credit card facilities in place yet.
- EFT payments are preferred and Internet Banking facilities are therefore available from our Office Computer for all payments to be done on arrival.
- A cash deposit of R400 is payable on arrival for breakages, gate remote and keys. This
deposit will be refunded on departure if no breakages and the remote and keys are handed back at the office. If any breakages, please notify the office immediately. Please note that in case of breakages, the office shall make the required purchases.
- Please consider your co-holidaymakers, they want to enjoy their stay as much as you do
- Please consider the other occupants when listening to music or TV's
- No hard music / TV 's after 22h30 at night will be allowed.
- The tent will be serviced daily free of charge between 10 and 11 in the morning. Dry bath towels will be supplied, bathroom and kitchen will be cleaned; inside rubbish bin will be cleaned, deck and braai area will be swept and cleaned.
- Management will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to property as well as personal injury of any description during your stay on the property. The use of all apparatus and the SWIMMING POOL will be at your own risk. Normal safety precautions have been taken to the best of Management’s ability. Each tent is equipped with a small safe
- A laundry service is available at CHL (Coastal Holiday Letting & Laundromat) within 5 minutes reach of Thandulula. Information is on the file in each unit.