Temenos Retreat & Wellness Center
Situated in the picturesque village of McGregor is a unique country retreat that is quite unlike any place you will have visited before in South Africa. The beautiful gardens have been created to offer visitors a deep sense of serenity and silence. Over the years this much-loved sanctuary has also become a place of gentle healing - the ideal haven to rest and restore oneself.
Our Cape Thatch Garden Cottages and Georgian Cottages offer...
Beni Abbes: Double bed, separate lounge, shower, thatch roof.
Avila: Georgian cottage, twin beds, shower, fireplace, private braai patio.
Assisi: Thatch roof, twin beds, shower, fireplace, private braai patio.
Subiaco: Thatch roof, twin beds, shower, fireplace, private braai patio.
Jamil: Georgian cottage, twin beds, shower, fireplace, private braai patio.
Iona: Georgian cottage, double bed, shower, fireplace, private braai patio.
Lisieux: Georgian cottage, twin beds, shower, fireplace, private braai patio.
Carmel: Thatch roof, double bed, shower, fireplace, private patio, braai area.
Chiara: Thatch roof, double bed, shower, fireplace, stoep.
Veritas: Two separate suites one with double bed, bath and shower; the other with twin beds and shower. Patio and braai area. The house is fully equipped.
Athena: Twin beds, fireplace, shower and bath. Braai facilities.
Beulah: Twin beds, fireplace, shower and bath. Braai facilities.
Other facilities for our guests include:
- Beautiful gardens in which to relax and be close to nature
- Body therapies (body massage, reflexology, jin shin jyutsu, aromatherapy, reiki).
- A lap swimming pool
- Yoga classes
- Meditation spaces
- Wellness Weeks and Silent Retreats
- Tebaldi's Restaurant offering delicious country cuisine
- Conference facilities
- Intimate Wedding Venue
About the village of McGregor: orchards, olive groves and vineyards surround it. It has maintained a rural peaceful ambience.
Activities in and around McGregor:
- Well-preserved mid 19th century quaint cottages.
- Variety of artist studios.
- Village walks and the popular Boesmanskloof hiking trail.
- 4x4 eco-trails and guided hikes.
- Horse riding.
- Birding in The Krans and Vrolijkheid Nature Reserve.
- Wine tasting.
- Alternative building technologies e.g. straw bale housing, organic farming, solar heating.
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- conference venue onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities