Luxury Self Catering accommodation
Tugela Mouth is a small, quiet town on the KZN north coast, on the northern bank of the uThukela River - about an hour's drive from Durban as well as from Richards Bay. Spoil yourself with a breather from the hustle and bustle of the city to a tranquil and breathtaking area.
Comfortable, air-cooled, self-catering and safe accommodation is available. There are 2-bedroom chalets available for singles as well as families. TV and WIFI is available. Customers just need to bring their own DSTV Decoder. Each chalet has a private braai area and boma. There is also a fish cleaning facility. Each house has 1 x double bed, 2 x single beds, a sleeper couch sleeps 2. House #1 has an extra three-quarter bed in the main bedroom. Bedding and bath towels are supplied. Beach towels are not included. Charcoal and Firewood for sale on site.
Entertainment for Kids:
- A swimming pool can be enjoyed on sunny days.
- Come and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere as well as the viewing of more than 250 different birds.
- Enjoy walks on the beach and where the mighty Tugela River meets the Indian ocean.
- Tugela Mouth is renowned for shore, boat, and river angling. Enjoy the opportunity to catch Sharks, the famous Lobotes. Grunter, Kob, Shad, Garrick and variety of other species are landed at various times throughout the year.
- Sharks and turtles provide worthwhile viewing as they enter the river to dispose of their parasites.
- Whales are abundant between August and November.
- Day trips to well-known game reserves, or shopping malls are very convenient.
- Sugar Rush Park Adventure playground - 56km
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Park - 150km
- Golf – +14 Golf courses can be found within 100km radius
- Animal Farms – 50km
- Crocodile Farms – 50km
- Harold Johnson Nature Reserve
- Ultimatum Tree
Take the Tugela Mouth Mandeni exit from the N2. The 4 km drive leads to the village.
Less than 7 days prior to arrival – forfeit 100% of booking.
From 7 to 30 days prior to arrival – forfeit 50% of booking.
For more than 30 days prior to arrival – forfeit 25% of booking
Terms Of Payment
50% deposit to be paid to secure booking.
Balance to be paid for in full 14 days before arrival.
Refundable breakage deposit of R1000