Stoney's Country Hotel
Stoney's Country Hotel is known for its warm and personalized Kalahari hospitality. They have 14 comfortable rooms in a pleasant garden surrounding. Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and Mata Mata border post is 182 kilometers from Gochas.
Gochas is one of the smallest villages in Namibia. The village has been the main settlement of the Kharakhoen (Fransman Nama), a sub-tribe of the Nama people, since 1889.
The famous Kgalagadi Trans-frontier Park and Mata-Mata border post is only 182 kilometers from Gochas. Surrounded by semi-arid sandy savanna that extends 900,000 square kilometers into much of Botswana, parts of Namibia, and regions of South Africa. Spectacular scenic beauty awaits travelers who choose to meander down this tranquil route along the Kalahari Desert.Gochas use to be camel station during the early 1900's while South-West Africa was under German occupation. German soldiers and the Police were stationed here during the raging war against the Nama leader Hendrik Witbooi and his right-hand man Simon Kooper.
This wide expanse of this area is excellent for grazing after a decent rainy season. The red dunes of the Kalahari are a strong contrast to the white, calcareous rocks of the valley exposed by the ephemeral Auob River that flows during good rains.
- Rooms are all en-suite with shower & toilet. Three rooms have bath tubs.
- Bedding consists of sheets and duvets.
- Bathroom amenities included - soap, shampoo and towels
- Writing desk and luggage racks
- Coffee & Tea station
- Closet with hangers
- Restaurant & Bar on site
- TV in Bar & Lounge
- Free Wi-Fi in main area
- Swimming pool
- Free and secure parking
Gochas has the following services:
- Engen Service station - Petrol and Diesel available
- Workshop and mechanic
- OK Grocery store that stocks food, beverages, ice and a variety of other goods
- ATM Bank inside the OK store
- Hardware store
- Post Office
- Police Office
- air conditioner
- air conditioning in lounge
- bar/cocktail lounge
- braai / barbecue - communal and onsite
- ceiling fans
- DSTV in communal area
- laundry facilities onsite
- linen & towels provided
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- wi-fi / hotspot
GPS Co-ordinates: S24º 1.507' E018º 48.678'
Driving time from Gochas to Mata Mata Gate +/- 2hours and 26 minutes