St. Lucia Safari Lodge BnB
The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park is South Africa's first World Heritage Site, and with good reason. Come and find out why the Great Lake is fast becoming a top tourist destination and let us look after you while you do it.
St Lucia Safari Lodge has the best of both worlds. It is on the main road of the town of St Lucia, close to amenities, restaurants and shops, but a few minutes drive from the wonders of the Wetlands.
The Lodge has a sparkling swimming pool with a luxury lapa where meals can be enjoyed. There's even a bar for sundowners. Lapa and bar can seat 60 people.
We also have 9 Bed & Breakfast chalets, fully serviced, with shower - no bath. Each unit has a TV with selected DStv (Please supply own DSTV smart card DSD 990) as well as a bar fridge and coffee making facilities.
The complex is ideal for tour groups and families. While staying with us, we can make sure that you get to enjoy the best that the Wetland Park has to offer. Explore the lake on a hippo cruise, take a safari to the Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Big Five Reserve, go deep sea fishing or whale-and dolphin watching. There are walking trails, turtle tours, night drives and beach adventures.
There is a world of wonder waiting for you in the Greater St Lucia World Heritage Site. We'll help you to find it.
Your hosts at St Lucia Safari Lodge can arrange all activities from the lodge. We pride ourselves on our personal service.
Facilities at the Lodge:
- All units air conditioned.
- Braai/barbecue facilities.
- Hair dryers in all rooms.
- Telephones in all rooms.
- Internet facilities (rooms 1 to 10).
- Laundry service.
- Tour bookings made by lodge reception.
- DStv television in bar area.
- Selected DStv Channels in B&B rooms.
- Curio shop.
- Lock-up safes at reception.
Amenities Close By:
- Beach (St Lucia & Cape Vidal).
- Big game (less than 30km).
- Boat/marine slipway (within 5km).
- Boat trips (less than 5km).
- Bowls (less than 5km).
- Canoeing (less than 5km).
- Conference venue onsite.
- Fishing (less than 3km).
- Game drives (less than 30km).
- Horse riding (less than 5km).
- Lake (less than 5km).
- Microwave in unit.
- Nature trail (less than 2km).
- Outdoor pool.
- Phone in room.
- Private airfield (less than 15km).
- Reptile park (less than 20km).
- Restaurants (less than 5km).
- Various shops (walking distance).
- Whale watching (less than 10km).
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- conference venue onsite
- DSTV in unit
- electronic safe
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- lake (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- whale watching (less than 10km)
From Durban: Travel on the N2 past Richards Bay in a Northernly direction (+55km) until you reach the turnoff to Mtubatuba, turn right, travel for about 8km, at the T-junction, turn left, travel for about 600 metres, turn right towards St Lucia. Travel for about 25km, cross the lake and at the T-Junction (small circle) turn right into McKenzie Street. Travel for about 1.1km, you will find the Namib Safari Lodge on you left.