Following on the great success of San's Place in Umdloti on the KZN North Coast, San has opened a penthouse situated in historic Simonstown on the Cape Peninsula.
Simonstown is situated on the False Bay coast of the warm Indian Ocean. This charming historical town is a firm favourite with both local and international tourists.
Boulders Beach is just south of the town and boasts the unique African Penguin colony. A boardwalk takes tourists to Foxy Beach where one can swim with the penguins.
Southern Right Whales, present from June to November, offer the visitor amazing sightings both from the shore and from boats that depart from the town jetty.
San's Place in Simonstown offers the very best views of Simonstown from the deck of the penthouse. There are fantastic sea views from the bedrooms.
Accommodation consists of a main apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a separate one bedroom en suite self-contained apartment. Sleeps 8 adults and 2 kids.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dish washer
- Washing machine
- Flat screen TV HD
- DSTv full bouquet
- Fire place
- Fully equipped granny flat and kitchen
- Tumble dryer
- Sun deck chairs and hammock
A secure train service operates from Simonstown to Cape Town central. The mountains directly above Sans Place form part of the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and offer many enjoyable hiking trails through the unique Fynbos with exceptionally spectacular views.
Things to do:
- Visit Boulders Beach Penguin colony
- Historical buildings and monuments
- Museums " Naval, Heritage and Toy Museums'
- Boat Trips to Cape point and Seal Island
- Whale Watching (seasonal)
- Harbour boat cruise and explore a submarine
- Shark Cage Diving at Seal Island
- Walks and hiking trails through Fynbos
- Swimming at warm Indian Ocean beaches
- bar fridge
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in room
- fishing (less than 3km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer in unit
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
The Main Rd will take you through Muizenberg, St James, Kalk Bay and Fish Hoek (you are traveling along the False Bay coast with the sea on your left hand side). At the end of the Fish Hoek main road, you will reach a large traffic circle, keep on the left to Simons Town.
Once in Simons Town, look out for the Scarborough turnoff. This is Red Hill Road, turn right into Red Hill Road, continue up the mountain for about 1km turn right into Bay View Heights Apartments.