Far from the Madding Crowd, yet an easy drive to all amenities.
Seafront Beach Cottage is situated 50m from the beach in a 3000sq m garden with lawns and indigenous vegetation featuring abundant bird-life. It offers a quiet private holiday yet is close to conveniences and entertainment.
It is on an unspoilt beach of about a kilometre which stretches from Banana Beach to Melville. The one end of the bay has excellent fishing with rock pools while the other end is a popular surfing beach with shark nets, life guards and a tidal pool. This bay is a popular sighting for dolphins and whales.
- Pets allowed by prior arrangement only. Min 2 small pets allowed by PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY. No puppies
Minimum booking 5 nights.
Maximum number of people 4.
- NO SMOKING inside the units
There is a choice of 7 golf courses and numerous Game Reserves between Port Edward - all within easy driving distance. There are also numerous shopping centres, entertainment facilities, restaurants and a casino also within easy driving distance.
Seafront Beach Cottage consists of a two-bedroomed duplex which is completely private with its own bathroom, separate toilet, kitchen, living area and private entrance. The unit is large and spacious, with a large spacious garden, linen provided, but no towels.
This is a beautiful unspoilt part of the coastline called the Hibiscus Coast with an abundance of indigenous bush and bird life. There is also the magnificent Oribi Gorge nearby. There are many restaurants and quaint places to eat close by. The food is good and reasonable.
Hibiscus Coast is centrally situated between Durban and Port Edward, therefore ideal for visitors who want to sightsee or for golfers who wish to play golf. There is also an airport at Margate, if you wish to fly down from Johannesburg and hire a car from there. There are a few charter companies that fly in from Johannesburg.Local Attractions and Landmarks:
- Port Shepstone Golf Course, 8km.
- Margate / San Lameer Golf Courses, 15km.
- Port Edward Golf Course, 30km.
- Wild Coast Sun Casino and Golf Course, 30km.
- Oribi Gorge Game Park, 15km.
- Vernon Crookes Game Park, 30km.
- Uvongo Bird Sanctuary, 17km.
- Crocodile Farm, 18km.
- Scottburgh / Umdoni / Selbourne Golf Courses, 30km.
- Margate Airport, 18km.
- From Durban take the N2 South Highway. Pass Scottburgh, Ifafa, Mtwalume.
- Take the R102 A HIBBERDENE off-ramp.
- Turn left, ±3km pass through traffic lights at Hibberdene. Cross over three bridges ±10km.
- Approx. 2km after the 3rd bridge take the left turn sign-posted MELVILLE STATION.
- First turn right, into BEACH ROAD. Continue along BEACH ROAD until you see 63 on your right, this is followed by a sharp right bend.
- Seafront Beach Cottage is the first driveway on the right; it has a wall with a gate slightly set back from the road and is No.64.
Cancellation must take place 30 days prior to arrival date in order to recoup 50% of your deposit.
50% will be kept for administration/commission costs.
Arrival & Departure Times
ARRIVAL time, not before 3 PM unless otherwise arranged. NOT LATER THAN 7 PM.
DEPARTURE not later than 10 AM unless otherwise arranged.
DIRECTIONS ARE PROVIDED ON THE SITE.
Terms Of Payment
A deposit of 50% of the total amount is required to secure your booking. The balance must be paid 7 days before arrival.
On requesting a booking - banking details will be provided.
N.B. Method of payment - EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)
Cash and Cheque deposits must include BANK CHARGES
OWNERS ARE NOT LIABLE for any damage, theft, loss or injury to guests, visitors or their personal property. Entry to the property "Seafront Beach Cottage" 64 Beach Rd Melville, is at your OWN RISK.
2 SMALL PETS ONLY, are permitted by prior arrangement. Pets must be kept under supervision at all times and may not be locked up and left to bark or howl. PETS MAY NOT SLEEP ON THE FURNITURE AND BEDS.
PET BEDS MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE PET OWNER.
NO SMOKING within the buildings.