SEAFRONT BEACH COTTAGE
Self Catering Accommodation in Melville Beach (Banana Beach), KwaZulu-Natal South Coast
Far from the Madding Crowd, yet an easy drive to all amenities.
Seafront Beach Cottage is situated 50m from the beach in a 3000sq m garden with lawns and indigenous vegetation featuring abundant bird-life. It offers a quiet private holiday yet is close to conveniences and entertainment.
It is on an unspoilt beach of about a kilometre which stretches from Banana Beach to Melville. The one end of the bay has excellent fishing with rock pools while the other end is a popular surfing beach with shark nets, life guards and a tidal pool. This bay is a popular sighting for dolphins and whales.
- Pets allowed by prior arrangement only. Min 2 small pets allowed by PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY. No puppies
- Minimum booking 5 nights.
- Maximum number of people 4.
- NO SMOKING inside the units
Seafront Beach Cottage consists of a two-bedroomed duplex which is completely private with its own bathroom, separate toilet, kitchen, living area and private entrance. The unit is large and spacious, with a large spacious garden, linen provided, but no towels.
This is a beautiful unspoilt part of the coastline called the Hibiscus Coast with an abundance of indigenous bush and bird life. There is also the magnificent Oribi Gorge nearby. There are many restaurants and quaint places to eat close by. The food is good and reasonable.
Hibiscus Coast is centrally situated between Durban and Port Edward, therefore ideal for visitors who want to sightsee or for golfers who wish to play golf. There is also an airport at Margate, if you wish to fly down from Johannesburg and hire a car from there. There are a few charter companies that fly in from Johannesburg.
Local Attractions and Landmarks:
- Port Shepstone Golf Course, 8km.
- Margate / San Lameer Golf Courses, 15km.
- Port Edward Golf Course, 30km.
- Wild Coast Sun Casino and Golf Course, 30km.
- Oribi Gorge Game Park, 15km.
- Vernon Crookes Game Park, 30km.
- Uvongo Bird Sanctuary, 17km.
- Crocodile Farm, 18km.
- Scottburgh / Umdoni / Selbourne Golf Courses, 30km.
- Margate Airport, 18km.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Birdlife South Africa - Birder Friendly
- SABS Tourism - 3 Crystals
- air conditioner (some units)
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- fishing onsite
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- From Durban take the N2 South Highway. Pass Scottburgh, Ifafa, Mtwalume.
- Take the R102 A HIBBERDENE off-ramp.
- Turn left, ±3km pass through traffic lights at Hibberdene. Cross over three bridges ±10km.
- Approx. 2km after the 3rd bridge take the left turn sign-posted MELVILLE STATION.
- First turn right, into BEACH ROAD. Continue along BEACH ROAD until you see 63 on your right, this is followed by a sharp right bend.
- Seafront Beach Cottage is the first driveway on the right; it has a wall with a gate slightly set back from the road and is No.64.