|Address:||70 Marine Drive, Sandbaai, Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa|
Sandbaai Country House
Enjoy the views of the ocean surging across Walker Bay, or of the towering mountains.
Watch the whales from your bedroom, the lounge or the upstairs conference room.
An unequalled position on the water's edge, coupled with the natural beauty of its surroundings, make Sandbaai Country House a perfect base from which to explore the region famous for it's whales, fynbos and crisp champagne air.
Whether you prefer to relax in peace in this tranquil setting, or prefer the hustle and bustle of the festive atmosphere in nearby Hermanus, your hosts will be delighted to help you plan your stay.
Close by are many nature reserves, botanical and wild flower gardens where visitors can hike, stroll, or simply absorb natures treasures. A picnic amongst the fynbos in the mountains overlooking Hermanus and Sandbaai, wine tasting in the Hemel-en-Aarde valley, where Hamilton Russel and Bouchard Finlayson make some of the best wines in the country, or a visit to one of the arts 'n crafts markets - we will do anything we can to make your stay a memorable experience.
Contact us to discuss your conference requirements as we have a top class conference facility for up to 30 people.
Custom made furniture and soft furnishings reflect the changing moods of Africa: the wildlife, ocean and flowers.
Sandbaai beach has several little coves that are particularly popular at low tide when swimming and snorkeling is safe. Low tide rockpools below Sandbaai Country House are treasure troves of sealife.
Old world elegance comes to life in an elegant bathroom with crisp white linen and fresh cut flowers.
Nowhere else in the world can the public watch whales and hear their songs at the same time. Their sounds are transmitted from the Sonar Buoy in nearby Hermanus.
From the rocky cliffs, whales can be seen from as close as 10 meters away. The Southern Right Whales start arriving in Walker Bay from June and leave again by December.
Let us host your company's next conference in a unique environment, seating and facilities for up to 30 people. We will ensure an unforgettable conference experience.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Member of Cape Town Tourism
- airport transfers
- babysitting service
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- conference venue onsite
- DSTV in room
- DSTV in room (bring card)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- phone in room
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- De luxe sea facing rooms (Sleeps 6) x 2
- Room 1 - king
- Room 2 - king
- Room 3 - king
- First floor mountain facing rooms (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - twin
- Room 2 - twin
- Ground floor family room [Facing the mountain and car park] (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - queen, single, single
- Ground floor mountain facing rooms (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - queen
- Room 2 - queen
- Standard sea facing room - First floor (Sleeps 6) x 3
- Room 1 - king, single
- Room 2 - king, single