|Address:||7 Lindsay Street
|Contact :||Rensia Ellis|
|Local Tel :||044-3841193|
|INT Tel :||+27-44-3841193|
|Local Fax :||086-5538292|
|INT Fax :||+27-86-5538292|
Pumula Lodge 4 Star B&B
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation In Knysna
Pumula is an African name for "rest". For lovers of nature, the tranquil parkland atmosphere supports an abundant bird life and over 100 species have been identified to date. The lodge is centrally situated between the town and the famous "Knysna Heads" which allows for easy access to all the attractions in the area.
Pumula offers the following rooms:
- Room 1: Bedroom size: 7m x 2.8m. Double room with two double beds (2 x normal double beds–1,9 x 1.4 meters each) en-suite shower. This room can sleep 4.
- Room 2: Bedroom size: 6m x 2.8m. King Room with 1 x king size mattress (1,9 x 1.8 meters) en-suite shower. Room can be converted to a twin bedded room which is 2 single beds (2 x 1.9 x 0.90 meters)
- Room 3: Bedroom size: 6m x 2.8m. 1 x Twin bedded room which is two single beds (2 x 1.9 x 0.90 meters) en-suite shower.
- Room 4: Bedroom size: 6m x 2.8m. 1 x Twin bedded room which is two single beds (2 x 1.9 x 0.90 meters) with en-suite shower.
- Room 5: Bedroom size: 6m x 2.8m. King Room with 1 x king size mattress (1,9 x 1.8 meters) full en-suite bathroom (bath and shower) Room can be converted to a twin bedded room which is 2 single beds (2 x 1.9 x 0.90 meters
All rooms have private entrances. Each bedroom has its own deck, which overlooks the beautiful gardens, and has flat screen television, hair dryers, safe, under carpet heaters, ceiling fans and tea/ coffee cabinet. We serve a hearty 'Tree-Top' breakfast amongst the birds and there is a barbeque facility in the garden. In the evening guests can choose from a selection of fine restaurants, which are located within 10 minutes drive.
Although close to the town it is the parkland atmosphere which sets Pumula apart from the other establishments in Knysna. The owner is an enthusiastic birder and can advise guests on the best birding spots in the area or even accompany them when possible. The lodge is also situated close to a bird sanctuary.
The beautiful Knysna golf course is only 500 metres from the lodge and a further 6 top golf courses can be visited on day trips, which are within a 70 kilometer radius of the lodge. The owner is also a keen golfer and can assist guests in planning a wonderful golfing holiday.
The following activities can also be planned for during a stay at Pumula Lodge:
- Forest walks
- Mountain bike trails in the forest
- Horse riding
- Fishing in the lagoon or at sea
- Pleasure cruises on the lagoon
- Arts and craft tours in the area
- Daily excursions to Tzitzikamma national park
- Daily excursions to Oudtshoorn to visit the Cango Caves, ostrich farms and crocodile farm.
- Many other activities.
Regret no children under 10. Children are charged per person sharing or single rate..
Secure undercover parking.
Non smoking rooms.
Tourism Grading Council of South Africa - 4 Star B&B.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- 4 Star Grading by the TGCSA
- Accredited by Knysna Tourism
- Birder and Eco-Friendly Establishment
- Booking.com Guest Review Awards from 2015 - 2018
- Trip-Advisor Certificate of Excellence and Hall of Fame Winner 2014 - 2018
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- Payment Methods
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Room 1: Double room with en-suite shower (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - double, double
- Room 2 : King room with en-suite shower (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- Room 3: Twin-bedded room with en-suite shower (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - twin
- Room 4: Twin-bedded room with en-suite shower (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - twin
- Room 5: King room with full bathroom (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - communal and onsite
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- ceiling fans
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room - Hotel Package
- electronic safe
- electronic safe (some units)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- hair dryer
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in room (non-satellite)
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Special Categories
Interesting Place Accommodation
detailsWhy is your establishment interesting?
Detail description : Birder Friendly establishment. Although close to the town it is the parkland atmosphere which sets Pumula apart from the other guesthouses in Knysna. The owner is an enthusiastic birder and can advise guests on the best birding spots in the area.
- Star Graded Accommodation