The complex has a seafront location with walking (200m) access to two spectacular and
safe swimming bays - Kidds' Beach and Peter Pan Cove.
The individual units each overlook a lawned parkland gardens studded with
indigenous palms - a great place to braai and bond with family and friends.
The swimming pool, recreation area and kiddies playground offer on-site
relaxation and peace of mind for adults and kids with the extensive grounds
having an unobtrusive perimeter security fence.
The duplex units are laid out in a crescent pattern ensuring privacy and
unspoilt views from patios, lounges, dining area and bedrooms.
The natural beauty and tranquillity of Leisure Bay is legendary and its peace is
assured as there are few commercial activities. It is situated 160kms. south of
Durban and 5kms. before Port Edward. Enjoy a relaxing family holiday - great value for money
Facilities on the property include:
Each garden duplex caters for 2-6 persons, and comprises:Ground Level:
- A guests swimming pool and recreation centre. Table tennis and darts
- Individual garden braai and outdoor areas.
- Toddlers / kiddies play swings. Kiddies jungle gym
Spacious lounge, TV standard equipment, open plan kitchen / dining room, lock-up garage, laundry yard, with outside shower hot/cold water, guest's w/c, and outdoor patio.with own braai areaUpper Level:
3 bedrooms, separate bath / shower / wc facilities.
The units are tastefully furnished; bedrooms (1 queen size, 2 single beds in
each room) have ceiling fans and kitchens comprehensively equipped (including microwaves).Optional Extras:
Maid services, linen supplies and laundry
service. Can be arranged with management at extra cost.LOOK OUT FOR OUR SPECIALS THROUGH OUT THE YEAR!!
What to bring:
Food, linen, towels, sporting goods etc.Shopping etc:
Port Edward has shops, supermarkets, doctors, banks and ATMs. Restaurants etc. Farm stalls and craft studios are also in close proximity.Leisure Bay AttractionsWhat to do at Leisure Bay:
What to do nearby:
- Relax, unwind and enjoy seaside activities all year round. (There are no climatic extremes with winter being mild to warm and summers warm to hot - while the Indian Ocean is generally warm all year round.)
- Rock and surf fishing - winter months being more rewarding.
- The spectacular sardine run is scheduled between May and August.
- Whale spotting - Southern Right and Humpback - August to October.
- "Un-ending" beach walks, keeping a "beady" eye for wreck artefacts.
- Nature interests - bird watching, rock pool "fossilling", botanical studies etc.
- Kids Beach is a clean, shark-netted beach has long stretches of white sand with rocks on the edges that caters for swimmers, sun seekers, surfers and fishermen. Lifeguards are on duty
- Boating activities on the mighty Umtamvuna River / gorge.
- Explore the Transkei's wild coast and rolling grassland hills (soon to be proclaimed a National Park.)
- Adventure activities - Oribi Gorge for bungee jumping / abseiling, Umtamvuna.
- Golf - there are 5 superb courses within a 30 minute drive.
- Ski boat-fishing charters from Port Edward.
- Scuba diving excursions from Shelly Beach.
- Nearby casino for gambling and entertainment.
- Farm stalls, craft studios, Crocodile Park etc.
- Tennis, bowls, squash, golf - local clubs welcome visitors.
On the R61 Main Road (±25km south of Margate / ±5km north of Port Edward) turn seaward at the Leisure Bay (Torquay Avenue) sign. Keep left at first fork and follow Torquay Avenue to Seaton Avenue. Turn left - the reception / office is ±20 metres on the left.