Location & Contact Details
|Address:||Corner Torquay / Seaton Avenues , Lot 533 , Leisure Bay , South Coast , KwaZulu-Natal , South Africa|
Peter Pan Place
The individual units each overlook a lawned parkland gardens studded with indigenous palms - a great place to braai and bond with family and friends.
The swimming pool, recreation area and kiddies playground offer on-site relaxation and peace of mind for adults and kids with the extensive grounds having an unobtrusive perimeter security fence.
The duplex units are laid out in a crescent pattern ensuring privacy and unspoilt views from patios, lounges, dining area and bedrooms.
The natural beauty and tranquillity of Leisure Bay is legendary and its peace is assured as there are few commercial activities. It is situated 160kms. south of Durban and 5kms. before Port Edward.
Enjoy a relaxing family holiday - great value for money
Facilities on the property include:
- A guests swimming pool and recreation centre. Table tennis and darts
- Individual garden braai and outdoor areas.
- Toddlers / kiddies play swings. Kiddies jungle gym
Each garden duplex caters for 2-6 persons, and comprises:
Ground Level: Spacious lounge, TV standard equipment, open plan kitchen / dining room, lock-up garage, laundry yard, with outside shower hot/cold water, guest's w/c, and outdoor patio.with own braai area
Upper Level: 3 bedrooms, separate bath / shower / wc facilities. The units are tastefully furnished; bedrooms (1 queen size, 2 single beds in each room) have ceiling fans and kitchens comprehensively equipped (including microwaves).
Maid services, linen supplies and laundry service. Can be arranged with management at extra cost.
LOOK OUT FOR OUR SPECIALS THROUGH OUT THE YEAR!!
What to bring: Food, linen, towels, sporting goods etc.
Shopping etc: Port Edward has shops, supermarkets, doctors, banks and ATMs. Restaurants etc. Farm stalls and craft studios are also in close proximity.
Leisure Bay Attractions
What to do at Leisure Bay:
- Relax, unwind and enjoy seaside activities all year round. (There are no climatic extremes with winter being mild to warm and summers warm to hot - while the Indian Ocean is generally warm all year round.)
- Rock and surf fishing - winter months being more rewarding.
- The spectacular sardine run is scheduled between May and August.
- Whale spotting - Southern Right and Humpback - August to October.
- "Un-ending" beach walks, keeping a "beady" eye for wreck artefacts.
- Nature interests - bird watching, rock pool "fossilling", botanical studies etc.
- Kids Beach is a clean, shark-netted beach has long stretches of white sand with rocks on the edges that caters for swimmers, sun seekers, surfers and fishermen. Lifeguards are on duty
- Boating activities on the mighty Umtamvuna River / gorge.
- Explore the Transkei's wild coast and rolling grassland hills (soon to be proclaimed a National Park.)
- Adventure activities - Oribi Gorge for bungee jumping / abseiling, Umtamvuna.
- Golf - there are 5 superb courses within a 30 minute drive.
- Ski boat-fishing charters from Port Edward.
- Scuba diving excursions from Shelly Beach.
- Nearby casino for gambling and entertainment.
- Farm stalls, craft studios, Crocodile Park etc.
- Tennis, bowls, squash, golf - local clubs welcome visitors.
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- beach (less than 50m)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- casino (less than 10km)
- ceiling fans
- childrens swimming pool
- communal pool
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- DSTV (extra)
- DSTV in unit
- fishing (less than 3km)
- flat screen TV
- Free Wi Fi
- fridge/ freezer
- gas braai / barbecue
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up garage
- microwave in unit
- not serviced
- outdoor pool
- outdoor splash pool
- parking all onsite
- Portable (movable) fans in cottage
- remote security
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- Serviced on demand
- stove in unit
- television in room (non-satellite)
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
On the R61 Main Road (±25km south of Margate / ±5km north of Port Edward) turn seaward at the Leisure Bay (Torquay Avenue) sign. Keep left at first fork and follow Torquay Avenue to Seaton Avenue. Turn left - the reception / office is ±20 metres on the left.
- Payment Methods
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Bed Configuration
- Peter Pan Place (Sleeps 6) x 1
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - single, single
- Room 3 - single, single
- Special Categories
Conference Venue Accommodation
detailsAccommodates how many people?
Capacity : no information
The following apply
Exclusive / preferred service providers on call Restroom accessible Kitchen accessible Audio – visual equipment (request details) Food / beverage facilities for catering purposes Crockery and cutlery available for hire Catering done in-house Designated parking area Sufficient parking space Fully staffed (cleaning, servers etc.) Internet connection Wireless internet connection Air conditioning Good lighting that can be operated independently Liquor license Bar on-site A purpose-built and dedicated back entrance available for equipment loading and offloading Wheelchair friendly A specified area for coaches and buses to stop to allow delegates and guests to embark and disembark safely Dedicated storage space that can safely store event materials and equipment overnight Individual lockable storage available for storage of more valuable items
Interesting Place Accommodation
detailsWhy is your establishment interesting?
Detail description : Walking distance to the beach. Nature at your door step.
82217 page views since 14 May, 2003. Last updated on 07 Jun, 2019.