Pennington Beach Resort
Preference is given to group requests .
Groups are considered as 50 people or more .
Francois and Cecilia look forward to your arrival and trust that you will enjoy your stay in the calm and peaceful atmosphere that prevails in our resort.
The resort is situated + - 500 m (walking distance ) from the beach in Pennington on the Kwazulu -Natal South Coast. Margate , Durban and the Wild Coast are within one hour's drive which makes daily excursions possible and fun filled. Several chalets , wooden cabins , a lodge and camping sites are all ground level and scattered amongst indigenous trees. We specialize in groups. Church, school, universities, FET colleges or any other groups are welcome at very reasonable tariffs. Value for money don't even look further .
Eight chalets ranging from 4 to 12 sleepers , self catering are available to sleep 50 guests in total. We supply a sheet , pillow and pillowcase , bring own duvets or blankets and towels. Furthermore they have their own braai area, TV , microwave , pots , pans , cutlery and utensils. Ideal for a small family on holiday or for the business traveler. Chalets are used for conferences and corporates. TV.channels: TV 1, 2, 3. Bring own decoder for DStv. Most chalets have beautiful , partial sea views .
Wooden Cabins :
Eight basically equipped , self catering cabins are available for budget holidays. Units can sleep from two to eight people per cabin. No running water or bathroom and toilette facilities are inside the units. Make use of small ablution facilities.
The Lodge :
The lodge is set up away from all other units under massive trees. You will be accommodated in units made from timber with a bushveld atmosphere. The main building consists of a kitchen , open plan under roof area and a sundeck. One bedroom ( sleeps 4 ) is separate from the main building with another bigger bedroom leading from the main building to sleep 8 people. Two teenagers or children can also sleep in the loft bedroom. More guests can camp.( Own tents ) Kitchen fully equipped. Come and stay at the sea in a bushveld atmosphere.
Swimming pool Obstacle course (under supervision) Pool table Table tennis Trampoline Dartboard (bring own darts)
On site special facilities :
Full conference : Special tariffs on request.
Adventure: Groups Only : Eg. Wall climbing , foefie slide and kayaking can be booked at the office for churches , schools and universities in advance.
Attractions in the area :
- Selbourne and Umdoni golf courses are just within 3 minutes from the resort.
- Fishing: Excellent offshore along the coast ( 500 m ) or deep sea fishing can be arranged.
- Diving charters operate from Rocky Bay to the Aliwal Shoal - one of the top 10 dive sites in the world.
- Snorkeling in the coastal rock pools offer abundance sea life.
- Swimming and surfing : Life guards available in season Tidal beach pool in walking distance Hiking trials at Umdoni Forest
- air conditioner (some units)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- Braai / Barbeque facilities
- car hire (less than 20km)
- communal pool
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- Malaria free
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- nature trail onsite
- not serviced
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities