Pat Busch Mountain Reserve
Surrounded by high mountains at the end of a country road, we offer a variety
of self-catering accommodation in several cottages, a large farmhouse and 2
exclusive units sleeping up to 46 guests in total. Our reserve comprises 2000ha
of spectacular mountain fynbos with wooded streams & farm dams for swimming &
fishing, mountain bike trails, hiking trails for outdoor enthusiasts and an
abundance of bird life and indigenous fauna & flora. We invite you to escape the
hustle & bustle and come explore our hidden valleys with friends & family.
We are well situated to enjoy the spoils of the Robertson Wine Valley and are only 1.5 hours scenic drive from Cape Town. Explore our 'World in One Valley' and discover the many wonders our corner of the Cape has to offer. The nature reserve forms part of the Klaasvoogds West foothills in the Langeberg Mountains, 15km between the towns of Robertson & Ashton.
Our rustic banquet hall & lush meadows are a perfect venue for your next conference, retreat, function or wedding. Pat Busch Mountain Reserve is owned & managed by husband and wife team, Stephan & Lindi Busch and they look forward to welcoming you.
Standard Self-Catering Accommodation
Affordable family accommodation is offered in semi-detached self-catering cottages and one large freestanding Farmhouse sleeping 23 people. All cottages offer fireplaces for winter, their own private braai areas and fully equipped kitchens. All linen & towels provided.
- Pine Cottage: Sleeps 4 people with one and a half bedrooms (one double bed in bedroom, 2 single beds in the alcove). It has a fireplace, open plan lounge/dining area/kitchen. Bathroom with shower and outside braai.
- Fig Cottage: Sleeps 2 to 3 people, one room only with fireplace, double bed and one single bed, fully equipped kitchen unit with small dining area, bathroom with shower and outside braai.
- Peach Cottage: Sleeps 2 people. One room only with fireplace, double bed, fully equipped kitchen until with small dining area, bathroom with shower and outside braai.
- Quince Cottage: Sleeps 2 to 4 people with one and a half bedrooms (one double bed in bedroom and d/bunk bed in the alcove). It has a fireplace, open plan lounge/dining area/kitchen. Bathroom with shower and outside braai.
- Oak Cottage: Sleeps 2 in a double bed with one room only. Fireplace, fully equipped kitchen unit with small dining area, bathroom with shower and outside braai.
- Farmhouse Erika: This large farmhouse is perfect for large groups of friends or families! It has its own private garden with lawn and oak trees, an outdoor braai area and indoor fireplace. It can sleep up to 23 people in total, split as follows: 16 people between 6 bedrooms upstairs and a Garden Flat beneath the house which can sleep a further 6. The house also offers a futon & sleeper couch which can be used for small children. Farmhouse Erika offers 3 bathrooms - one with shower, one with bath and one with shower and bath. The Garden Flat has its own bathroom with shower and kitchenette with fridge and microwave. There are 2 lounge areas and a large farmhouse kitchen which is fully equipped with a microwave, large stove and oven as well as 2 fridges. There is an outdoor braai area with potjie pot and utensils, plus an undercover patio area with tables & chairs. TV & DVD player in the lounge. Regrettably no TV reception - bring along own DVDs for the family.
Exclusive Self-Catering Accommodation
Apart from the sweeping views of mountains & vineyards, Nightjar and Hadeda boast French doors and windows throughout, terracotta tiled living areas and lush carpeted bedrooms complete with reeded ceilings in every room. These cottages are next door to one another, yet have separate gardens and entrances, making them ideal for romantic couples. The possibility to entertain larger family groups of 6 to 8 people in comfort also exists by means of an adjoining garden door. Extra creature comforts include air-conditioning, percale linen, outdoor hammocks and a spa bath in the bathroom. Basics like tea and coffee are also provided.
Nightjar Cottage (sleeps 4 people in 2 separate bedrooms)
2 separate double bedrooms, each bedroom has own private entrance, bathroom offers a luxury spa bath & shower, fully equipped kitchen with microwave, fridge, oven & stove, dining room table & cosy lounge for four with indoor braai / fireplace. Outside area includes large braai with patio furniture, outdoor hot & cold shower, reeded awning & hammocks. Cottage offers air-conditioning for summer months and guests can enjoy down-duvets in the winter. Nightjar offers sensational views and is the best place to watch a sunset on the nature reserve.
Hadeda Cottage (sleeps 4 people in 2 separate bedrooms)
2 separate double bedrooms with cupboards & bedside tables, one bedroom has own private courtyard, bathroom offers a luxury spa bath & shower, fully equipped kitchen with microwave, fridge, oven & stove, dining room table & cosy lounge for four with indoor fireplace. Outside area includes large braai with patio furniture, outdoor hot & cold shower, reeded awning & hammocks. Cottage offers air-conditioning for summer months and guests can enjoy down-duvets in the winter. Hadeda cottage is our most private cottage on the nature reserve with its own secluded garden with wild olive trees and views of the mountain.
What We Supply: Quality bed linen, towels (not for swimming), complimentary bath salts, soap and candles. Ground coffee, Tea, Sugar & Milk are supplied for your stay including bathroom necessities and washing up liquid. The cottage has a radio/CD player, fan & a hairdryer. Portion of complimentary wood & firelighters are included in the rate for both braais and fireplaces; a braai grid and tongs are also available for use as well as a potjie pot. Self-catering facilities include microwave oven, conventional oven, fridge with deep-freeze, cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils. All bedding and towels freshly supplied - PLEASE BRING OWN SWIMMING TOWELS.
Things to do at the Pat Busch Nature Reserve:
- Hiking: Approx. 40km of hiking trails through 2.500 ha of unspoilt natural Cape fynbos. Trails meander along clear mountain streams, rock pools and up through the valleys and foothills to the Langeberg mountains.
- Bird Watching: over 120 species to be seen.
- Mountain Biking through orchards and vineyards. Several routes to explore on the Klaasvoogds Meander.
- Swimming and fishing in our freshwater mountain dam. Bass fishing is catch & release only. Bring own equipment.
- Wine Tasting & Cellar Tours: We are well situated to enjoy several wine estates! Self-drive or arrange a tour guide to explore over 50 wineries in the area.
- Eating Out: There are several very good restaurants within 5 minutes drive from the nature reserve
- Star-Gazing: The stars are brilliantly clear on the nature reserve!
- Explore Robertson Wine Valley: enjoy wine tasting, boat trips on the Breede river, farm stalls, rock climbing and so much more!
- air conditioner (some units)
- babysitting service
- dishwasher (some units)
- fishing onsite
- internet facilities
- lake onsite
- laundry facilities onsite
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- tea / coffee making facilities