Please note: no pets allowed
Built in 1897, Pagel House Bed and Breakfast, situated in secluded and secure Stockenstrom Street, is one of the regal Ostrich Villas in Aberdeen. Present owner Lynette Dugmore has lovingly restored and preserved this 118-year old Victorian Ostrich Villa to its former glory, complete with period furnishings and finishes. The house has a beautiful wrap-around verandah with an original stained glass, resting nook on the outside with original painted, pressed ceilings and yellow-wood floors in many of the rooms.
The Aberdeen Pagel house has a beautiful, spacious and tranquil garden for guests to enjoy. The gardens are luscious and green, watered by the old, leading water (leiwater) farrows running through the property. Guests will enjoy the array of birds that visit the Pagel House garden in the day and the beautiful starry skies in the evening.
- Pagel House has 5 bedrooms, one of which is equipped for self-catering
- Each room has either an en-suite, in-suite or private bathroom
- There are two lounges with imposing fireplaces for winter evenings, one with DSTV
- All rooms have hospitality trays
- A sumptuous breakfast is included and served in the dining-room or on the patio in summer.
- Braai facilities are available
- There is a beautiful, spacious garden
- Close to amenities
- Free WI-FI available
This pretty slightly feminine room appeals more often to the ladies or those who prefer a bath. It is also decorated in period furniture complete with beautiful antique bath. Brings back memories of a more rest full opulent time.
- Double bedIn suite bathroom with bath
- Electric blanket and wall mounted heater
- Hospitality tray
This large ever popular room has been tastefully decorated with period furniture collected in SA and abroad. The Ever popular Blue Bathroom is a feast for the eye and sole, this has an antique bath , basin and toilet. Lying in this bath looking out at the garden you can surely imagine you have returned to yesteryear.
This room appeals to a wide range of guests, from honeymoon couples to those that love its tranquility to families travelling with a child( as it sleeps 3) It has French doors opening onto a veranda with seating overlooking the garden.
- This room has two single beds.
- En suite bathroom with large shower and heated towel rail.
- For the chilli winter nights : Electric blankets and Air con .
- For the Summer Air con both hot and cold.
- Hospitality tray.
- French doors open out to a patio that in turn leads out on to the garden.
This large sunny room with a big window letting in sun most of the day. Tastefully furnished with antiques. This room is ideal for people travelling with a child as there is a single and double bed in room. Liked by people preferring to shower.
- Double and Single bed.
- In suite bathroom with shower.
- Ceiling fan.
- Wall heated panel and electric blankets for cooler weather.
- Hospitality tray
- Hair dryer
The Garden Suite
As the name says this room is situated in the Garden under large trees, so beautifully cool in the hot months. This room appeals to the nature lovers , those that prefer their own space and families . it is also ideal for those preferring to self cater or longer stays.This room has a double bed in and at busy times bunk beds as well sleeping 4 .it has a kitchen nook for simple self catering with microwave,bar fridge, double hot plat stove, pots ,crockery, cutlery etc. There is a large Braai area very close by so ideal for families. Bathroom with shower over bath. For the chilly weather, wall mounted heating panels and electric blanket. Fan for summer.
Hospitality tray . TV with SABC and E channel’s.