Ouma se Huis is situated next to the N10, between Groblershoop (45km) and
Upington (75km), on route from the Eastern Cape or Free State to Namibia,
Kgalagadi and Namakwaland. Enjoy a relaxed farm stay in this, comfortable, newly
renovated old farmhouse. Ideal for a family and friends getaway, or overnight
stay for tourists.
Meals can also be served on prior arrangement.
- Sleeps 8
- 1 double room and 1 twin/double room share one bathroom
- 1 twin/double room with en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and tea / coffee making tray.
- 1 double room with en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and tea / coffee making tray.
- All rooms with ceiling fans.
- Extra bed or cot available for babies and children under five.
- Bedding and towels are supplied. TV in the lounge.
- Well equipped kitchen with fridge and freezer, electric stove, microwave and a wood stove for cosy gatherings in the cold winter evenings.
- Outside braai facilities in the lush garden. Enough fire wood available.
- Farm products for sale when available, eg. Eggs, home baked bread, jams, honey, vegetables.
- Large veranda to relax and enjoy the spectacular sunsets.
- House accessible for wheel chairs.
Activities and interests:
The ideal place to relax and do very little.
On the other hand you can :
- canoe and fish in the Orange river, about 800meters from the house
- have a picnic under the trees on the banks of the river
- within a radius of 10km you can explore a hiking trail including a Bushman cave
- experience a 4x4 route next to the river and into the dunes
- visit the local wine cellar, on the Orange river wine route, for a wine taste
- within 30km you can go on a game drive on one of the two game farms on both sides of the river
- horse riding, star gazing and bird watching.
- Please supply your own fishing tackle.
- braai / barbecue - communal
- game drives (less than 30km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- hunting (less than 30km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchen communal
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
Located at Grootdrink, on the N10, 45km from Groblershoop and 75km from Upington.
28 degrees 36`01.07" S
21 degrees 45`43.44" E