Orchards Farm Cottages
Orchards Farm Cottages are situated on the banks of the Komati River, and offer accommodation just off the N4 en route to the Mozambique Lebombo border post.Komatipoort and the Lebombo border post are only a 5 minute drive away, and the Crocodile River Bridge gate to the Kruger National Park a 10 minute drive.
Hosts: Doug and Linda Renecle.
Orchards Farm Cottages in Komatipoort is owned and managed by Linda and Doug Renecle who add the small personal touches necessary to ensure that our guests feel at home, and have an enjoyable stay. These Komatipoort self catering cottages are either thatched or tiled , with up-market furnishings and are fully equipped for guests wishing to self cater in Komatipoort.
The Orchards Farm, Komatipoort self catering accommodation facilities include:
- air conditioning
- microwave oven
- lounge with DSTV
- bed linen and towels provided
- en-suite shower and toilet
- covered patio for barbeques and relaxation
- These self catering Komatipoort units are also fully serviced daily.
- Various board games and a guest library is available at the guest lounge.
There are a number of activities available in and around Komatipoort:
- Play golf at the beautiful Kambaku Golf Club on the riverbanks of the Komati and Crocodile Rivers, with views onto the Kruger National Park.
- Day trips to Swaziland, Mozambique and the Kruger National Park. Safari night/day game-viewing with professional guides.
- Fishing off the riverbanks or with local guides.
- Local artists' arts & crafts shop on premises.
- Visit the Samora Machel memorial.
- Micro-light, light aircraft , hot-air ballooning, elephant rides within a half-hour drive available as well as many other local tours.
- Horse rides locally.
- Exclusive raised deck/picnic spot on the premises for our guests to ensure pleasant fishing or bird-watching.
To arrange a day trip with a Safari Guide, or Elephant rides etc, please contact us as early as possible to book these for you to avoid disappointment. Whilst there are a lot of exciting things to do in the area, the ultimate goal of Orchards Farm Cottages is to give guests a relaxing and tranquil break away from the city lights! We do not entertain guests, but offer a comfortable base.
Enjoy the family atmosphere in a beautiful litchi and mango orchard, where purple-crested louries, paradise flycatchers, yellow-billed kites, Klaas's cuckoos, southern boubous, tambourine doves, fish eagles, trumpeter hornbills, green pigeons, many varieties of kingfishers and many, many more exciting birds are in abundance. The river-front is alive with hippos, crocodiles, water monitors, goliath herons, jacanas, cormorants and geese.
Take a Relaxing Break and Unwind in the Wild Frontier of Mpumalanga. The grassed river-front is a beautiful spot for viewing the abundant bird life, hippos and crocodiles, and to relax in a tranquil environment. The raised deck overlooks the swimming pool and the river, and is a pleasant spot for guests to enjoy a sundowner. We have a licensed guest pub.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Highly Recommended
- big game (less than 30km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing onsite
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
Directions from Kruger National Park Crocodile Bridge Gate: The town of Komatipoort is 11km from the Kruger Park Crocodile Bridge exit. Drive straight through the town until you get to the N4. At the N4, turn LEFT toward the Mozambique border post od Ressano Garcia. We are 1km from the turnoff and the SASOL garage, and a few meters after the Komati River Bridge. As you get to the end of the bridge, put your indicator on and prepare to turn left through the white entrance structure with Orchards Farm Cottages on them. Follow the arrows (about 200 meters). Park under carport.
Directions from the Mozambique border post: Drive approximately 3km down the N4, past the turn-off left to Mananga/Swaziland. On the bend in the road look out for the Hippo sign on the left - the entrance to Orchards Farm Cottages is directly opposite on the right. This is an 80km/per hour zone, but a number of drivers seem to ignore this, so please take care to put your car's indicators on well before the bend.