|Address:||No 12 Robinson Street, Umkomaas, South Coast, Kwazulu-natal|
Ocean Park Guest House
Welcome to Ocean Park Guest House.Umkomaas ("River of Whales"), a coastal town in Kwa-Zulu Natal. This colonial style house was built in 1890 and recently refurbished to its current glory. Decorated in classic style and surrounded by stunning spacious gardens - we would love to host your peaceful getaway. Only a 30 minute drive from Durban to reach the home of "Aliwal Shoal" one of the world's top 10 dive sites. The guest house is located within walking distance of the shops, restaurants, beach and dive centres'. There is also an excellent golf course which is highly regarded and considered quite challenging.
We have 10 rooms - each uniquely decorated in peaceful tones and top quality percale linen. Our luxury rooms are all located in the main house with entrances leading off the large wraparound veranda and pool area. Each has its own special qualities with sea views, private balconies, and garden atmospheres.
There is a 6 hole putting green, a stunning entertainment area with a bar, lapa, braai (barbeque) facilities and a large swimming pool for relaxing and unwinding. Meals are served in a lovely dining and lounge area with a stone fire place, outside on the balcony or around the pool if you prefer. Delicious home cooked dinners and light lunches on request.
The property is fully secure with electric fencing, alarm system linked to an armed response company and a 24 hour security guard. Each room has its own key alarm, is air-conditioned and has DStv / Satellite TV, wireless internet, hospitality trays, mini-bar and a safe.
A large luxury corner room in the main house leading off the balcony and overlooking the sea. Decorated in pale blues with twin 3/4 beds and sleeper couch suitable for children. Bathroom with shower en-suite.
A luxury room located in the main house leading off the balcony and overlooking the sea. Queen bed and sleeper couch suitable for children. Bathroom with large shower en-suite.
Luxury room in the main house overlooking the garden - wake up to the sounds of birds chattering. Decorated in cool greens, queen size bed & sleeper couch suitable for children. Bathroom with shower en-suite.
Beautiful poolside room decorated in peaceful orange tones. Queen size bed and large bathroom with shower en-suite.
Quiet luxury room with a private balcony overlooking the putting green. Twin 3/4 beds. Bathroom with shower en-suite.
Standard room located outside the main. Elegantly decorated in oranges and golds with a double bed and bathroom with shower en-suite.
Large room located at the back of the property with twin 3/4 beds and a sleeper couch suitable for children. Shower en-suite. This room has a small kitchenette and a private outside area so self catering is an option.
Standard room located outside the main. Decorated in green, gold and oranges with a double bed and bathroom with shower en-suite.
Standard room located outside the main. Decorated in burgundies and greens with a double bed and bathroom with shower en-suite.
Umkomaas is famous for the internationally renowned Aliwal Shoal, a fossilised sand dune of sponges and corals which is home to the Ragged Tooth Shark, Tiger Sharks, Whale Sharks and the wrecks of the "Nebo" and "Produce". There are various dive operators in Umkomaas and dive courses, shark dives and speciality dives can be arranged to suit your needs.
The "Hope Shop" is in the heart of Umkomaas and is very popular with locals and tourists alike. This gem of a shop offers exciting and unusual shopping with a magical mixture of funky clothing, jewellery, local handcrafted gifts, African curios, art & drums and decor - an absolute must and well worth a visit!
Umkomaas golf course is an 18 hole course which is heavily wooded and bunkered and is well regarded to test players whilst providing stunning sea views.
Between the rolling green hills and sparkling ocean you will find 'Croc World', Scottburgh's beautiful swimming beach, craft shops and markets, world class surfing breaks, nature reserves and deep sea fishing from Rocky Bay. Various tours to game farms, Ushaka Marine World, Durban city as well as many other exciting trips can be arranged with pleasure.
- Ushaka Marine World 40kms
- Durban Harbour Boat Cruises/Tour 35km
- Tala Game Reserve 60kms
- Pavillion shopping centre 45kms
- Oribi Gorge and Pure Venom Tours
- Valley of a 1000 Hills (Zulu Cultural village) 70km
- Durban City Tours
- Sani Pass/Lesotho Tours
- Drakensburg/Rock Art Tours
- Hluhluwe Game Reserve Tour
- Pietermaritzburg City and Butterfly Centre Tour
- St Lucia Wetlands Tour
- Botswana Hippo/Croc Dive Packages
- Mountain Bike Tours
Member of Tourism KZN and Hibiscus Coast Tourism
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge
- bar/cocktail lounge
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in communal area (bring card)
- DSTV in room
- DSTV in room (bring card)
- DSTV in room - Hotel Package
- DSTV in unit
- electronic safe
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant (walking distance)
- restaurant onsite
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Standard Double (Sleeps 2) x 2
- Room 1 - double
- Superior Queen (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Superior Queen with Sleeper (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - queen, double sleeper couch
- Superior Twin (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - three quarter, three quarter
- Superior Twin with Sleeper (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - three quarter, three quarter, double sleeper couch
- Special Categories
- Interesting Place Accommodation
- Star Graded Accommodation
Ocean Park Guest House appears in the following sections:
Umkomaas Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Umkomaas Interesting Place Accommodation • Umkomaas Star Graded Accommodation • Umkomaas Guest House Accommodation • Aliwal Shoal Area Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Aliwal Shoal Area Interesting Place Accommodation • Aliwal Shoal Area Star Graded Accommodation • Aliwal Shoal Area Guest House Accommodation • Scottburgh Area Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Scottburgh Area Interesting Place Accommodation • Scottburgh Area Star Graded Accommodation • Scottburgh Area Guest House Accommodation