Mtonjaneni Lodge is a 3 Star Country Lodge situated on the R34 halfway between Melmoth and Ulundi, KwaZulu-Natal.
Established in 1997, by managing owners Nico and Rina Harris, Mtonjaneni Lodge has grown to render a unique service to the leisure, cooperative and international tourism market.
At Mtonjaneni Lodge you’ll be waking up to the breathtaking expanse of the eMakhosini Valley. Our beautifully furnished en-suite rooms offer the perfect countryside stay.
We have 26 en-suite rooms and can easily accommodate 55 guests if sharing. 3 of our classic rooms have the potential to be converted to family-friendly rooms upon request.
All rooms are equipped with:
LED Screen | Hotel Bouquet DSTV | Air-conditioner | Bar fridge | Guest Amenities | Coffee/tea facilities
- Breakfast Buffet: A daily scrumptious self-service spreads, served between 06h00 and 09h00.
- A la Carte Menu: A variety of options for every taste bud. Our fully licensed bar is open daily from 11h00.
- Rock Pool: Socialize and soak up the sun by our unique rock pool.
- Wi-Fi: Connect to our Guest Wi-Fi to stay in touch with your social network.
- Daily Housekeeping: Rooms are serviced daily. And, on request, we'll gladly ensure that your shirt is clean and ironed.
Things to do:
- Animal Petting Farm: Our scenic animal touch farm is a favorite for young and old, and a delight to visit.
- Country Craft Shop: A unique gift shop that support local businesses and crafters. Perfect for your Zululand souvenirs.
- Zulu Historical Museum.
Functions & Weddings:
A wedding and function venue set against the gorgeous eMakhosini Valley. There is no better host for your wedding day or surroundings for your event.
- Our complete wedding package offers catering according to your preferences, use of our chapel, beautiful indoor venue (ideal for a maximum of 140 guests), bridal room, honeymoon suite, and our garden for your perfect wedding photos.
- Our conference facilities will be customized according to your individual needs. We can accommodate a maximum of 60 people (if cinema style) and will provide you and your team with a multimedia projector and screen, flip charts, a whiteboard and markers, water, and mints. Meal packages are also available on request.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in communal area
- hunting (less than 30km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite