Middenrif Self-Catering Guest Farm
Located 15km from Fouriesburg, with a view of the majestic Maluti mountains, lies the picturesque Middenrif Guest Farm. Once you turn onto the gravel road, you will experience the true tranquility of working farms. Huddled up in a valley, between ochre-orange sandstone cliffs, lies the house that was originally built in 1884 by MW Venter.
A wrap-around stoep, and expansive lawn make for easy enthralling all day and late-night enjoyment of nature and farm life.
The house is a fully equipped, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms self-catering farm house. The kitchen and bathrooms are equipped with modern day luxuries.
The en-suite main bedroom is furnished with a double bed, as are 2 other rooms and sleeps 6 adults comfortably. The 4th bedroom has two single beds. 2 children under the age of 10 can be accommodated on matrasses, on request. Bedding and towels are supplied as well as electric blankets in winter.
There is a fireplace indoors a Weber for an outdoor braai.
An electric fence surrounds the house and the gate can be locked in the evenings.
- The farm is best reached with a 4 x 2 vehicle as the farm can only be accessed via a 10km dirt road.
- The closest chain stores or restaurant franchises are in Bethlehem, an hour's drive away.
- There are no other homes on the property, and the closest neighbours are not within walking distance.
- Cellphone reception cannot be guaranteed, no Wi-Fi or DSTV available.
- Bird watching
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- DSTV (extra)
- electric blankets
- fridge/ freezer
- hair dryer
- horse riding (less than 50km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- linen & towels provided
- Malaria free
- not serviced
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- rock art (less than 20km)
- washing machine onsite
- Woodburning stoves