Categorised/graded as 'comfortable with luxury ', and comprising three ground floor self catering suites... two open plan suites each sleeping two persons on Thai opium beds, and one family suite suitable for a couple plus two small children or one additional adult.
Fully furnished in Thai/Balinese furniture, with high fanned ceilings, DSTV ( packaged) TV and basic portable braai facilities and on site parking, on a superb surfing beach and nestled in an exotic Balinese garden setting, Mei-Pen-Lai exudes an air of tranquility and translates as "doesn't matter" or "chill out".
Situated on the beach on South Beach Road on the unspoilt southern side of Umdloti, Mei-pen-Lai is within 100m of village shops and restaurants and is ideally located to an array of entertainment and activity options from simply strolling or basking on a shell encrusted and shark net protected beach to superb surfing, fishing or horseback riding, and minutes drive to golf courses and casino, microlight flights or parachuting.
Umhlanga is less than an hours walk along the deserted beaches of the Hawaan forest and lagoon, or a mere five minutes drive to Umhlanga and Gateway World of Shopping and Entertainment, two minutes drive to Sibaya Casino, with Durban twenty minutes drive away and less than two hours drive to world famous Game Reserves and Lake St Lucia and Drakensburg mountains. Boat rides are available at Umhlanga for dolphin or whale spotting, diving or deep sea fishing.
- airport (less than 15km)
- bar fridge
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- DSTV in room
- fishing onsite
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- microwave in unit
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in room (non-satellite)
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite