Manaar House Bed & Breakfast
Manaar House is situated in the beautiful coastal resort town of Umhlanga Rocks. Guests have the choice of staying in the bed & breakfast or choosing the self catering apartments. For self catering accommodation see the Manaar House Self Catering option on the WhereToStay website.
Manaar House is popular with tourists and businessmen alike. The individually decorated double bedrooms offer luxurious and comfortable accommodation with en-suite bathrooms. All bedrooms are air conditioned with cooling/heating systems that can be individually operated. There is an independent DStv decoder for satellite TV in each unit (Smart Card provided). All bedrooms are equipped with telephones and internet facilities. A fan, hairdryer, bar fridge, ice water, tea and coffee facilities are provided in every bedroom. Double/queen-size bed are provided in all the bedrooms. Single beds can be provided on request. All bedrooms have their own private entrance and look onto either the beautiful pool area or onto your own private patio and garden. Enjoy a sumptuous English / continental breakfast which is served either in the dining room or on the enclosed patio overlooking the pool. By prior arrangement, small lunches, dinners and sandwiches can be arranged. A laundry service is available to guests at a small additional cost.
There is a beautiful swimming pool that is for the exclusive use of guests. Lie by the pool and enjoy a leisurely day in the sun. Relax on comfortable sofas in the shade of the cool patio and enjoy reading your book. Daily newspapers, magazines, books and board games are available. In the evening enjoy a drink at the cosy bar. There is also a barbeque area for those guests wishing to enjoy a lunchtime or evening braai. Secure undercover parking is available for guest's vehicle.
The beautiful Blue Flag beaches of Umhlanga are a three minute drive or a leisurely ten minute walk away. Manaar House is ideally situated and is a five minute drive from Gateway (the largest shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere), twenty minutes drive from Durban, the International Conference Centre (ICC) and Zimbali, Durban Country Club, Royal Durban or Windsor are in the immediate vicinity.
Manaar House is an accredited member of KwaZulu-Natal B&B Association, the National Accommodation Association of South Africa (NAA) and Fehhasa. The NAA have classified Manaar House as luxury accommodation. The Tourist Grading Council of South Africa has awarded Manaar House a four star grading.
Features & Facilities:
- The option of Bed & Breakfast or Self Catering
- Luxurious and comfortable accommodation
- Double / queen-size beds
- Single beds provided on request
- En-suite bathrooms, some with showers only
- Air conditioning (heating and cooling)
- TV in each room with M-Net and individual DStv decoders for satellite TV
- Telephone and internet facilities in each room
- Bar fridge in each room
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Own private entrances
- English/continental breakfast
- Dinners and lunches arranged on request
- Alarm/clock radio in all rooms
- Swimming pool
- Daily newspapers, magazines, books, board games provided
- Laundry service
- Braai (barbeque facilities)
- Secure under cover parking
- Fax/e-mail facilities
- Close proximity to major shopping centres, restaurants, beaches, several world class golf courses, private hospitals and casinos
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- air conditioner
- air conditioner (all units)
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- babysitting service
- bar fridge
- bar/cocktail lounge
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- ceiling fans
- dishwasher (some units)
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- hair dryer
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- jacuzzi onsite
- laundry facilities onsite
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave (some units)
- microwave in unit
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- private entrance - outside rooms
- radio in room
- remote security
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sauna/steam room (less than 3km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
Heading North on the N2
Take the M41 off ramp (Umhlanga / Mount Edgecombe).
Turn right (over the freeway) and continue for about 1km, passing Gateway
Shopping Centre on your left.
Take the M12 (Umhlanga Rocks Drive) off ramp and continue north passing
McDonalds & Umhlanga Hospital on your left.
At the next traffic circle take Herwood Drive.
Continue past the Sharks Boards for about 2km.
Turn right into Campbell Drive & continue down the road until you see
Atholton Primary School on your right.
Turn right into Kingston Drive and then take the first turn left into
Manaar Road - Number 16 Manaar Road.
Heading North on the M4
Continue northbound, passing the Umhlanga off-ramp.
About 50 metres further on, take the Portland Drive off-ramp and turn
left into Portland Drive.
The road dogs legs and becomes Campbell Drive.
Go up Campbell Drive and take the first turn left into Kingston Drive.
Take the first turn left into Manaar Road - Number 16 Manaar Road.