|Address:||18 Java Close, Capri Village, Noordhoek, Western Cape, South Africa|
Nestled against the mountainside and bordering a nature reserve, Makapa Lodge
is situated in Capri Village, with glorious panoramic views over the Noordhoek
amphitheatre, the Atlantic Ocean and Chapman's Peak mountain. Positioned on the
Cape Peninsula mid way between the Atlantic and False Bay coasts, we are only 35
minutes from Cape Town city and 45 minutes from Cape Town International Airport.
Makapa Lodge offers luxury suites and a charming log cabin. Our accommodation is in quiet, safe surroundings and we are centrally located for Cape Point, Boulders Beach with its penguin colony, and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Fine beaches at Noordhoek, Fish Hoek, Simons Town and Kommetjie are all within a few minutes drive.
Nearby activities include horse riding on the beach, bird watching, mountain walks, whale watching and shark cage diving (seasonal), boat trips from Simons Town or Hout Bay, surfing and there are several superb golf courses within easy driving distance.
Accommodation at Makapa Lodge comprises 5 self contained units which includes - three double suites opening to the poolside, one double room with luxury bathroom opening towards the garden and one double log cabin.
Our three luxury suites have been decorated with beautiful wooden custom designed furniture. These stylish suites comprise separate lounge, bedroom and ensuite bathroom and are furnished with either twin or queen size beds.
Each lounge has comfortable armchairs, coffee table, writing desk, telephone, a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities and flat screened TV.
In the Garden Room the king size bed sits against an imposing stone wall which runs right through into a luxurious bathroom with a stand alone 'slipper' bath. This room leads into a large shower area with extra height rain shower.
Set on it's own away from the main house our cosy little log cabin, the Nest, has all that one needs to unwind and watch the world go by. This unit is designed specifically for up to two people.
With its pathways and seating areas, our large garden beckons guests to wander through and survey the indigenous plants and local birdlife. Free Wifi is available to our guests.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Birdlife South Africa - Birder Friendly
- airport transfers
- babysitting service
- bar fridge
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- ceiling fans
- DSTV in room - Hotel Package
- electronic safe
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- free toiletries
- fridge in unit
- Full English breakfast served in the dining room daily
- hair dryer
- Heated Pool
- heaters in unit
- horse riding (less than 50km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchenette (some units)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- linen & towels provided
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- mini bar
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- Personal safe in all rooms
- phone in room
- private entrance
- remote security
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- spa facilities
- squash court (less than 5km)
- sun deck
- tea / coffee making facilities
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Cottonwood Suite - Poolside (Sleeps 3) x 1
- Room 1 - queen, single
- Garden Room (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- Oakwood Suite - Poolside King/Twin (Sleeps 3) x 1
- Room 1 - king, single
- Oregon Suite - Poolside (Sleeps 3) x 1
- Room 1 - queen, single
- The Nest Self Catering (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - double
- Special Categories
Interesting Place Accommodation
detailsWhy is your establishment interesting?
Detail description : Makapa Lodge is nestled against the Roodeberg Mountain Range and borders SANParks -Table Mountain National Park- on three sides. With a wildlife corridor on our doorstep you experience a sense of untouched wilderness with a menagerie of birdlife and wild animals that include Mongoose, wild Tortoise, Striped Mouse, Porcupine, Dassie, Cape Grysbok, Chacma Baboons and our resident Eagle Owls.
Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
detailsYour establishment has capacity to cater for groups of 10 or more.