Lincoln Cottages is nestled amongst indigenous Acacia trees in the tranquil suburb of Lincoln Meade, Pietermaritzburg. We offer an ideal base from which both the business man and holiday maker can operate from, be it for that business convention lunch, or participating in the varied sporting events that Maritzburg is frequently host to, or simply to explore what our region has to offer the tourist. Pietermaritzburg is the hub of the Natal Midlands, and is the Capital of Kwa-Zulu Natal. The City therefore plays a leading role in the economics of the region
Lincoln Cottages spans more than three quarters of an acre and comprises of four bed and breakfast cottages which are able to sleep up to 16 guests - all decorated with superior decor for the discerning. All cottages are equipped with everything that one would need to cater for the needs of those who require a "home away from home".
The following are standard features of all our Cottages:
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Iron and ironing board.
- Credit card facilities ( All major credit cards accepted)
- Ceiling fans and heater
- Free Wi-Fi
- DSTV (Hotel package)
- Hairdryers in each cottage
- Off road parking behind remote control gates
- Serviced daily (Sundays excluded)
- Laundry service at nominal charge.
- Child friendly complete with jungle Gym and outdoor play area
- Communal swimming pool.
- Strategically located to shopping malls, medical facilities, various schools, sporting amenities & entertainment facilities.
- City Hall (start of Comrades marathon) - 7km , 11 min
- PMB Action Sport Cricket- 5km( 7mins)
- Midmar Dam ((Hosts Midmar Mile) - 40,5km , 36 min
- Midlands Meander - 46,2 km , 37 min
- King Sharka Airport - 102km , 1 hour 5 min
- Pietermaritzburg Oribi Airport - 7,2km , 12 min
- Liberty Mall - 10,1km , 17 min
- Royal Agricultural Show grounds - 9,9km , 16 min
- Duzi River (Start of Duzi canoe marathon) - 2,6km , 5 min
- University of Kwa Zulu Natal - 5,2km , 10 min
- Golden Horse Casino - 4,8km , 7 min
- Drakensberg Mountains - 231km , 2 hours 43 min
- Secret Gardens Wedding Venue - 10,4km , 18 min
- Savannah Estate Wedding Venue
- Pietermaritzburg Golf Club - 4km , 6 min
- Lincoln Cottages is also centrally located to many of the various schools, hospitals and recreational facilities
The Nederberg Cottage
(Sleeps up to 4 persons)
This quaint cottage is home away from home. It has a separate bedroom and open plan lounge, and is serviced by a quarry tiled shower. The main bedroom is equipped with a queen size bed and two single beds are provided in the lounge area. It has an undercover outside patio area which is situated under a majestic Acacia tree.
The Backsburg Cottage
(Sleeps up to 3 persons)
This cottage sleeps up to three people. It is essentially one large room equipped with two single beds and a sleeper couch. There is an on suite shower area leading off this room. The unique feature of this cottage is the covered outside patio that has the best views of the gardens, and faces the communal braai area.
The Obikwa Apartment
(Sleeps up to 5 persons)
This apartment is attached to the main house. It is tastefully decorated and comprises a main bedroom equipped with a queen size bed and an open plan lounge area which can accommodate 2 single beds. It has a separate baby's room equipped with a single bed.
The Chateau Cottage
(Sleeps up to 6 persons)
This is the largest of all our cottages. It has two rooms, the main bed room is served with a king size bed (2 single beds together) and second bed room is equipped with two single beds each, and a further two beds are located in the lounge area if required. The bathroom boasts both a shower and a bath.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Recommended
- air conditioner (some units)
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- car hire (less than 20km)
- heaters in unit
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- spa facilities
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer in unit
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite