Lembali Lodge is a spacious and stylish contemporary house situated in
tranquil tree filled surroundings in the prestigious suburb of Morningside.
Perfectly positioned for the discerning business and leisure traveler, the Lodge
is less than 10 minutes from the city centre, the International Convention
Centre and Durban's main beaches. It is also only a stone's throw away from the
city's premier restaurant mecca, Florida Road.
The six suite Lodge provides state-of-the art bedroom and bathroom accommodation and also a ten seater boardroom/dining room for corporate meetings and entertaining.
Positioned directly opposite Jameson Park with its famous rose gardens, the Lodge boasts a 100sqm wooden pool deck with magnificent views over the park, the city and the Indian Ocean.
This exclusive guest lodge is also ideally suited for whole house rental, which comes complete with highly efficient and friendly staff, including driver/butler and cleaner/cook.
All suites have air-con; bar fridge ; tea and coffee making facilities; hairdryers; TV; Wi-Fi
Room 2: Queen size bed, balcony overlooking park, city and sea.
Room 3: King size bed which unzips into two twin beds. State of the art cemcrete and pebble shower and bath.
Room 4: Double bed. This room has its own small private interleading sitting room. Cemcrete and pebble shower.
Room 5: Queen size bed; thatched balcony facing inland; cemcrete and pebble shower.
Room 6: King size bed (which unzips into two twin beds), cemcrete and pebble shower, lounge/ TV area (with full Dstv) leading on to pool deck. This room inter leads with conference room and is only suite on ground floor.
- Outdoor deck and pool area
- Lounge with dining facilities and 42" plasma TV, folding doors leading on to pool deck
- Breakaway Room Small upstairs lounge
- Conference/Meeting Room equipped with all standard conference equipment, seating max 10 delegates. Folding doors leading to outdoor eating area and pool deck.
- Superb catering.
- Private Dinners and Functions can be arranged
- Driver/Airport transport - extra charge for use of resident driver and lodge vehicle
- Secure Parking
- Khaya Lembali Conference Centre, Up market conference centre for small to medium conferences, walking distance only 300 meters away
- International Conference Centre (ICC), under 10 minutes drive
- Jameson Park and Mitchell Park, for walks and relaxation directly opp. Lodge
- Botanical Gardens for picnics and concerts a 5 minute drive
- Florida Road/Windermere Road Within walking distance of 30 of Durban's premier restaurants, pubs and clubs
- Greyville Race Course Home of the Durban July and the Gold Cup horse racing events. 5 minutes drive
- Durban's Main Beaches under 10 minutes drive
- Golf courses Durban Country Club, Royal Durban and Windsor golf courses less than 10 minutes drive
- ABSA Rugby Stadium and Kingsmead Cricket Ground Less than 10 minutes drive
- Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World Less than 10 minutes drive
- uShaka Marine World and The Point World class marine park and Dolphinarium, with fabulous restaurants and shops - approx 15 minutes drive
- Essenwood Flea Market Saturday market with arts, crafts, clothing and fabulous food. 5 minutes drive
- Gateway Shopping Complex 2nd largest shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere - Shops, movies, theatre, art galleries, wave house and a vast array of restaurants. 20 minutes drive
Spectacular beaches and restaurants in this coastal village 20 minutes from Lodge.
Run in conjunction with Khaya Lembali Conference Centre. Can potentially use conference room, lounge and breakaway area, depending on Lodge occupancy
- air conditioner (all units)
- air conditioning in lounge
- bar fridge
- bar fridge (some units)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- conference venue onsite
- dishwasher onsite
- dolphinarium (less than 5km)
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room (bring card)
- DSTV in room - Hotel Package
- electronic safe
- electronic safe (some units)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- ice skating (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- outdoor splash pool
- parking all onsite
- remote security
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- sun deck
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
>From Musgrave/Innes Road:
Lembali Lodge, 355 Montpelier Road, is situated on the extension of
Montpelier Road, above Musgrave Road running along the side of Jameson
Park. If travelling north along Musgrave Road from King Dinuzulu Rd
(Berea Rd), turn left into Montpelier, just before Mitchell Park robots.
If travelling south along Innes Road (which becomes Musgrave Road at
Mitchell Park robot intersection) cross robot at Mitchell Park and turn
right into Montpelier Road. Park will be on right hand side - Look for
thatched entrance on left hand side of road.
>From Trematon Drive/Peter Mokaba Rd.(North Ridge Rd.)
From Trematon Drive continue south until it becomes Peter Mokaba Rd
(North Ridge Rd.) Pass Engen Garage on right and continue along
extension of North Ridge with Jameson Park on left. 355 Montpelier Road
is on corner of Montpelier and Peter Mokaba Rd (North Ridge Rd.) Look
for thatched driveway entrance.
>From City or Sandile Thusi Rd. (Argyle Rd.)
Get into Florida Road and continue up to Mitchell Park robots. Turn left
into Musgrave Road and immediately take first right into Montpelier
Road. 355 Montpelier Road has thatched entrance and is on the left side
of road opposite Jameson Park.
>From Durban International Airport:
Take N2 north, then N3 Durban, then take Berea off ramp after the
Tollgate Bridge and turn left into Stephen Dlamini Rd. (Essenwood Rd).
Follow Stephen Dlamini Rd. (Essenwood Rd.) for full length of road
(approx 3ks). At end of Stephen Dlamini Rd. (Essenwood Rd.) Road is
Jameson Park, veer left into Montpelier Road and look for thatched
entrance on left opposite park.
-29 49 37.66 (-29.82712777777778)
31 0 26.02 (31.00722777777778)
- Payment Methods
- American Express
- Diners Club
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Lembali Lodge (Sleeps 12) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- Room 2 - queen
- Room 3 - king
- Room 4 - double
- Room 5 - queen
- Room 6 - king
- Special Categories
Conference Venue Accommodation
detailsAccommodates how many people?
Capacity : 12
The following apply
Exclusive / preferred service providers on call Restroom accessible Kitchen accessible Audio – visual equipment (request details) Food / beverage facilities for catering purposes Crockery and cutlery available for hire Catering done in-house Designated parking area Sufficient parking space Fully staffed (cleaning, servers etc.) Internet connection Wireless internet connection Air conditioning Good lighting that can be operated independently Liquor license Bar on-site A purpose-built and dedicated back entrance available for equipment loading and offloading Wheelchair friendly A specified area for coaches and buses to stop to allow delegates and guests to embark and disembark safely Dedicated storage space that can safely store event materials and equipment overnight Individual lockable storage available for storage of more valuable items
Gay Managed Accommodation
detailsYour establishment is gay managed?
Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
detailsYour establishment has capacity to cater for groups of 10 or more.
Wedding Venue Accommodation
Overnight accommodation for how many people? : 12
Max people allowed at the venue? : 13
The following apply
Reception area Chapel Area for wedding ceremony Undercover area for signing the register Fully catered Couple must provide own catering In house events coordinator (compulsory) In house events coordinator (not compulsory) Liquor license Fully stocked bar Cutlery and crockery rental Cleaning / serving staff Bridal suite Honeymoon suite
Lembali Lodge appears in the following sections:
Morningside, Durban Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Morningside, Durban Gay Managed Accommodation • Morningside, Durban Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation • Morningside, Durban Wedding Venue Accommodation • Morningside, Durban Conference Venue Accommodation • Morningside, Durban Guest House Accommodation • Durban Area Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Durban Area Gay Managed Accommodation • Durban Area Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation • Durban Area Wedding Venue Accommodation • Durban Area Conference Venue Accommodation • Durban Area Guest House Accommodation