Lala Palm Lodge offers upmarket self catering accommodation ON THE BEACH in Glenmore/Munster, on the Hibiscus Coast, which is the KZN Lower South Coast. Whether you are sun & fun seekers, golfers, fishermen, nature lovers, adventurers, avid birders or just wanting a tranquil, relaxing getaway, Lala Palm Lodge is your perfect destination.
At Lala Palm Lodge, you will experience the BEST OF BOTH WORLDS; the breathtaking Indian Ocean on your doorstep, & the tropical fauna & flora paradise surrounding the villas.
There are 4 elegant villas on the large property, each with 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms (main en-suite), a fully equipped kitchen, & a spacious living area with stack doors that open onto a stunning patio with its own braai area. Our 6-sleeper villas are positioned to maximise privacy, and are nestled among beautiful indigenous trees, where an abundant wealth of birdlife, little blue duikers, bush buck & dassies surround us. There is DSTV in each villa, & a sparkling swimming pool on site. The only noise you will hear is that of the sea & the birds. It is elegant tranquillity at its best.
A short stroll of less than 75m across the road takes you on to our pristine Munster Beach, where ledges & rock pools abound with marine life, with excellent fishing spots. A short walk north along the beach brings you to Dolphin Bay, the ideal location for whale watching. A leisurely beach walk to the south finds you at the well known & magnificent Glenmore Beach, a very popular flagged swimming & surfing beach. Glenmore is also our closest boat launch site.
Other popular beaches in the area, within a 15 minute drive, include Port Edward, Leisure Bay, Trafalgar Beach (Blue Flag), Marina Beach (Blue Flag) & Ramsgate (Blue Flag).
The KZN South Coast boasts numerous top golf courses; a golfer’s dream!!!
In 10 – 15 minutes drive from Lala Palm Lodge, we have Wild Coast Sun Golf Course, Sanlameer, Southbroom & Port Edward. 45 minutes drive north of Lala Palm Lodge will take you to Umdoni Park Golf Course & Selbourne Golf Estate. Other courses to be found in the area are Margate & Port Shepstone.
OTHER ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- Birding & hiking trails at our 2 nature reserves; Mpenjati & Umtamvuna
- Whale watching
- Beach horse riding
- Water sports at the Pont
- Water World at the Wild Coast Sun
- Wild Coast Casino
- Beaver Creek coffee farm & restaurant
- Fishing charters
- Extreme activities at Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve, including swing, zip line, abseiling & white water rafting.
- Vintage Car Museum
- Crocodile Farm
- Snake Park
- Shark cage diving
- Numerous restaurants & pubs
We look forward to creating beautiful memories for you at Lala Palm Lodge
- beach (less than 50m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- ceiling fans
- DSTV in room
- DSTV in room - Hotel Package
- DSTV in unit
- fishing onsite
- fridge in unit
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- linen & towels provided
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private pool
- remote security
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- stove in unit
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)