|INT Tel :||039 685 0764|
|Cell :||082 553 7514|
Welcome to Komorebi Resort
Komorebi Resort is set in the lovely coastal town of Shelly Beach on the Lower South Coast of KwaZulu-Natal. The South Coast has a subtropical abundance of flora and fauna both on the land and in the ocean. Sugar cane, lala palms, wild bananas and scarlet hibiscus flowers all complement the lush green landscape and make the South Coast a popular holiday destination for visitors far and wide.
The resort boasts peace and tranquility and has a country equestrian style setting. The resort has two rustic wooden cabins and five unique luxury safari tents, either for couples or families. All units are set around a dam. The dam creates and oasis for an array of birdlife such as herons, kingfishers and our resident fish eagles, which fill the sky with the echoes of their song.
Whether you choose to soak up the sun beside our sparkling rock pool during the day or go out and explore the many local attractions in the area, there is something for everyone to enjoy. After a day well spent adventuring, come back to the resort and enjoy a braai either at your own private braai or in our large communal braai area, followed by roasting marshmallows and telling campfire stories around our large fire pit/boma.
Komorebi Resort Accommodation:
Five Unique Luxury Safari Tents
Two of the safari tents will accommodate a family of four and comprise of a double bed and two single beds. The other three safari tents are slightly smaller and are perfect for couples seeking a romantic getaway. All five tents will be fully equipped, have a kitchenette, an outside verandah with table and individual braais. Gaze at the stars from your rustic private en-suite bathroom fitted with large walk in rain shower and his and hers double vanity.
Two Rustic Wooden Cabins
Our two wooden cabins both have two bedrooms. The first bedroom has a double bed and the second bedroom has two singles.
There is a small open plan lounge area with a sleeper couch which would be suitable for a family with children.
The cabin has a kitchenette and is fully equipped with everything you will need. A bathroom with shower, toilet and basin.
The cabin has a six seater table on the balcony which looks over the dam.
Around The Area
Whether you are the adventurous type, a thrill seeker, a lover of the ocean, a nature and wildlife enthusiast or are in much need of some R&R. We can guarantee that there will be something for everyone to enjoy.
The coastal waters surrounding Shelly Beach are clear and bright. The sand is golden and the main beaches are patrolled in season by lifegaurds. There are many exceptional beaches to choose from, including the two pristine blue flag beaches (Ramsgate & Marina) which are only a short drive away.
Adrenaline Junkies: If you are a thrill seeker looking for the adrenaline-rush to make your holiday one to remember, then try one these exciting activities.
- Lake Eland - has the longest and highest suspension bridge as well as a thrilling zip line tour through the gorge.
- Wild 5 Adventures - the Wild Gorge Swing in Oribi Gorge will offer you guaranteed over-the-edge excitement! Give in to gravity by hurling yourself off the edge of Lehr’s Falls in what must be the most adrenaline inducing ride of your life! Rated as the world’s highest gorge swing. Wild 5 Aventures also offer river rafting, a suspension bridge, team building, abseiling and wonderful hikes.
Family Fun: If you and the whole family want fun filled activities to enjoy together then look no further.
- Mac Banana - A unique shopping, entertainment and destination facility which offers a Lifestyle Centre anchored by a Food Emporium, Restaurants and has over 20 activities for the whole family to enjoy. Including, miniature golf, butterfly enclosure and banana tours.?
- Pure Venom - The biggest reptile park in Africa.
- Selsdon Park - Enjoy a wonderful horse ride along the beach or quad biking with the family.
- The Wildcoast Sun - Casino, 18 hole golf course, horse riding and the famous waterpark, perfect to enjoy on a hot summer day.
The Ocean Lovers: If lounging around on the local beaches is not for you, why not try one of the following ocean attractions.
- Shark cage diving.
- Deep sea fishing charters.
- Snorkeling trips and exploring shipwrecks.
- Scuba diving.
- Fun boat rides (rubber ducks).
- Whale watching (May - November only).
For The Love Of Food: If you love nothing more than going out for a great dinner with your friends or family then there is a wide range of restaurants and bars to choose from in the area. Whether you enjoy dinner beside the sea, a lagoon or with views over the valleys, just ask us at reception and we can suggest a restaurant for you to enjoy within a close drive from the resort.
- Payment Methods
- Cash on arrival
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Bed Configuration
- Safari Tent (4 x sleeper) (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - double, double sleeper couch
- Two sleeper Safari tent (Sleeps 2) x 3
- Room 1 - double
- Wooden Cabin (6 x sleeper) (Sleeps 5) x 2
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - twin, single sleeper couch
- airport (less than 15km)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - communal and onsite
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- DSTV in some rooms
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fridge in unit
- horse riding (less than 50km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- microwave in unit
- outdoor splash pool
- Portable (movable) fans in cottage
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)