|Address:||66 The Oaks Rd
Our accommodation in White River Mpumalanga is on a secure 9 hectare property close to Nelspruit, Kruger National Park and the Panorama Route. The guest house feels like a lodge - relax by one of our two swimming pools, braai in the garden or try your luck fishing at the dam. Just 5 minutes from the city center, the town's restaurants and shops are easily accessible.
All bedrooms offer en-suite accommodation and include unlimited free Wi-Fi, flat screen with satellite DSTV, tea and coffee facilities. Two contain kitchens to accommodate self catering guests or longer term stays. The Apartments are ideal for business travelers looking for White River accommodation on a longer term basis. Accommodation is available on a room-only or Bed and Breakfast (B&B) and Self Catering basis. Enjoy a tasty and hearty breakfast served in the shared lounge or on the Garden Rooms' private patios. Breakfast is served from 07h00 to 09h00. A boxed breakfast can be organised for early starters, if requested the day before.
All our accommodation is built and furnished to a high standard, offering a simple yet elegant comfortable stay. They have en-suite bathroom with a shower, two comfortable extra length three quarter beds, desk, flatscreen television with satellite DSTV, coffee station and wardrobe.
Our two self-catering units have fully equipped open kitchens (fridge, 4 plate hob and microwave), en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, wardrobe, coffee table, desk, flat-screen with satellite DSTV and safe.
The Patio Suite has a private entrance from the garden and the patio is ideal for breakfast on a sunny morning.
Parents will find our family units with two bedrooms convenient. Kids will enjoy running in large garden, watching Cartoon Network or playing on the swings.
Our 13 units can accommodate groups of up to 36 people sharing, including school groups.
Stay connected with our fast free Wi-Fi accessible from all rooms. Sales reps and people on business enjoy the quiet, natural, setting, with some of our units with independent access and parking space next to your room.
Why choose our Guest House?
Large and quiet garden, our guests enjoy the space around the guest house - a welcome breather from the city life of Joburg, Maputo and beyond! We are planting many indigenous trees and shrubs, which in turns brings birds for the lovely morning chorus.
The dam, 500m from the guest house, is ideal for an afternoon stroll, a picnic or a bit of fishing. You'll spot many birds, our resident Duiker, and if you are lucky Otters, African Fish Eagles or Large Spotted Genet. Or try your luck fishing for Bass, Tilapia or Barbel with our complimentary fishing rods.
Kruger & Panorama Route
Numbi Gate is 45 minutes from White River, making day trips to the Kruger National Park accessible. Guests visiting the Kruger on a day trip from ilanda can use our free Kruger pack which includes binoculars, a guide book and map of the park.
The Panorama Route, Blyde Canyon and Sudwala caves and other Mpumalanga attractions are also close by.
The Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport is a mere 10km away. ilanda Guest House is 3.5 hours from Johannesburg and 40 minutes from the Kruger National Park. Being close to the region's best private schools and hospitals, the guest house is ideal White River accommodation for visitors to Uplands College, Cefups, Kiaat Private Hospital Nelspruit Mediclinic.
Only 20 minutes from Nelspruit the capital of Mpumalanga, quiet, spacious and relaxing, ilanda is a perfect haven for visitors from Maputo - to conduct their business and take a break from the city beat. Only 5 minutes from the White River CBD, and its diverse shops and restaurants.
Whether touring the Lowveld, on business to White River, Rocky Drift or Nelspruit, or simply to relax, ilanda is your Mpumalanga accommodation. We look forward to receiving you.
Directions from Nelspruit
1. Take the R40 north to White River (17km).
2. Turn left on the Sabie Road R537 (4 way robot, with Spur on right and Sasol on left).
3. Drive for 800m, then take the first right onto Impala Road.
4. Go straight until 4-way stop with Engen petrol station, turn left on Danie Joubert Street.
5. Drive about 800 meters and turn right on the Oaks Road a dust road (if you see the 'Uplands College' sign, you've gone too far!).
6. Drive 500m and look for a long face brick wall on the left of the road with the "ilanda" sign (number 66). Turn left inside face brick wall into green gate.
Directions from Hazyview
1. Head south on the R40.
2. Just outside town, turn right on the R40 directions White River. Drive 41km.
3. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit directions White River (R40 / R538).
4. After 2.4km, turn right at the robot (Caltex petrol station) onto Tom Lawrence.
5. Drive straight for 1.2km until T-junction robot, and turn right onto Danie Joubert Street.
6. Go straight until 4-way stop with Engen petrol station, drive straight.
7. Drive about 800 meters and turn right on the Oaks Road a dust road (if you see the 'Uplands College' sign, you've gone too far!).
8. Drive 500m and look for a long face brick wall on the left of the road with the "ilanda" sign (number 66). Turn left inside face brick wall into green gate.
|Exclusive / preferred service providers on call|
|Audio – visual equipment (request details)|
|Food / beverage facilities for catering purposes|
|Crockery and cutlery available for hire|
|Catering done in-house|
|Designated parking area|
|Sufficient parking space|
|Fully staffed (cleaning, servers etc.)|
|Wireless internet connection|
|Good lighting that can be operated independently|
|A purpose-built and dedicated back entrance available for equipment loading and offloading|
|A specified area for coaches and buses to stop to allow delegates and guests to embark and disembark safely|
|Dedicated storage space that can safely store event materials and equipment overnight|
|Individual lockable storage available for storage of more valuable items|
|Fishing equipment for hire|
|Can bring own fishing equipment|
|Boat available for use|
|Boat available for hire|
|Can bring own boat (no petrol motors)|
|Catch and release|
|Catch and keep|
|Limited number of fish per day allowed|