Gone Fishin' is situated in picturesque Salt Rock – with it’s beautiful views of the sea, this is the perfect spot for a relaxing beach holiday in a comfortable home.
The house is set in a large garden, one back from the beach and with the elevation has the most stunning sea views of Tiffany’s reef, which is a popular spot for both surfers and spearfishermen. One can sit on the patio and enjoy the view while keeping an eye out for the dolphins and whales for which this coastline is famous.
The house consists of a large open plan lounge/dining room/kitchen and two large bedrooms, both en suite. The large main bedroom has a kingsize bed (additional space is available for 2 kids) . The second bedroom has four single beds.
Attached to the main house is a flatlet which is self-contained with a queen sized bed and its own bathroom, kitchenette and DSTV. This is included in the rental for the whole property.
This flatlet is however available for rent as a separate unit.
There is a large swimming pool in the garden which is yours to enjoy and is ideal if the beach gets too windy, or if you want a late night dip! With the temperate climate of the Dolphin Coast you are able to swim all year round.
The property is just a minute’s walk onto the sand of a long unspoilt and private beach, just north of the well-known Salt Rock Hotel.
Granny’s Pool, which is just a couple minutes walk away, is the perfect spot for little ones to swim and explore the surrounding rock pools, including the Salt Rock Hotel's tidal pool just a stone’s throw further.
The property is fully fenced with an electric gate affording you ample safe parking.
Salt Rock is a quiet holiday and residential suburb away from the hurley burley of Ballito. Within walking distance are a number of restaurants offering a different selection of foods. There are a couple of shopping centers within 5 minutes drive of the house. Mt Richmore has a Checkers and Woolworths Food, together with restaurants and shops. Tiffany’s Shopping Centre has a Super Spar and a doctor, dentist, hairdresser and more shops and restaurants.
Also on offer are:
- Ballito, with its beach walkway and various shopping centers
- Umhlanga Rocks is only 20 minutes away
- King Shaka Airport is 15 minute away
- Ushaka Marine World in Durban with its world class aquarium is a mere 30 minutes away.
- A number of world class golf courses
- The famous game reserves of Zululand are within easy reach
- The Drakensberg mountains and the historical battlefields are a few hours from Salt Rock
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in unit
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- washing machine onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Payment Methods
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Bed Configuration
- Flatlet (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Main House (Sleeps 6) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- Room 2 - single, single, single, single
Gone Fishin' appears in the following sections:
Salt Rock Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Salt Rock Self Catering Accommodation • Ballito Area Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Ballito Area Self Catering Accommodation