EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY, ROMANCE & PRIVACY in NATURE at one of SA's BEST (Winner of almost a dozen national and international awards). Nature-lovers' retreat: birds, game, secluded rock pools, forest walks & biking trails. Sundowners with fireflies and cosy log-fires. Experience the Magic of the Forest.
Forest Edge is a haven for nature-loving families, stressed-out city-dwellers, adventurers and honeymooners alike. Situated off the beaten track up in the hills away from traffic noise, it nestles in the expansive Millwood Indigenous Knysna Forest - a Forest rich in birdlife and exotic stories.
Enjoy an emerald day unwinding on Forest walks or biking trails, at the spotless Buffalo beach, on a forest stream picnic, reading in a lazy hammock, on an adventure activity, or on a trip to Knysna town (20 leisurely minutes away). After a refreshing late-afternoon hot-water outdoor shower or relaxing indoor olde-worlde bath, mellow out on the verandah with sundowners while watching a bushbuck or baboon family drink at the dam. Light a braai(barbeque) under the stars to the chorus of frogs. Flitting fireflies and evocative nightjars add to the enchantment. In Winter, relax in front of a cozy log-fire.
Each 2-bedroomed cottage offers a main bedroom with double bed, second bedroom with two single beds (plus a cot and/or extra mattress on request). Being fully equipped, including a microwave, TV/DVD, coffee/tea and linen/towels, heaters, fans, hairdryer, braai, fireplace and more.
Our luxury cottages, in addition, also offer Comprehensive DSTV, Flatscreen TV, Free Wifi, a Queen bed instead of a double bed and a Weber-style kettle braai in addition to the open braai, plus fancier finery. FieldMouse & FroggyPond also have an en-suite shower in the main bedroom.
For those of you that don't feel like cooking in our fully equipped cottages, we also serve breakfast and dinner on our picturesque Lily Pond Deck.
Forest Edge offers an affordable break-away experience to remember. Contact us now to come discover the Magic of the Forest!
- Hansel & Gretel, our two tame donkeys, are a delight for the whole family
- Large groups enjoy the communal bonfire in addition to the private braai at each cottage
- A small library of books and videos/dvds in each cottage
- Bird/mammal reference charts on the information board
- Relax while your kids explore Forest Edge & the Jungle Gym in safety
- Enjoy a professional massage in-cottage or in nearby studio
- Enjoy country hospitality at the superb Totties Eatery buffet 5 minutes away
- A host of adventure activities (horse riding, whale watching, canoeing, Outeniqua Power Van, authentic Farmers' Market, etc.) are offered in the area
- The exclusive Drupkelders forest walk, down to exquisite rock pools and waterfalls, starts at Forest Edge.
- As per Country Life magazine's article on Forest Edge: "Lilies cling to the rock face, hanging down in bunches - what a pure Midsummer Nights' Dream experience"
- There's even a splash pool, to cool off in, on those beautiful summer days.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- HRG Rennies Travel Red Stamp Club Preferred Partner
- Member of TripAdvisor
- Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winners 2012-2018, Tripadvisor Hall of Fame Winner 2018
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- big game (less than 30km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- lake onsite
- lock-up safe
- nature trail onsite
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities