Come and spoil yourself in this brand new, modern state of the art and very spacious 4-bedroom home, completed in December 2013 only. It is elevated on the water's edge barely an arm's length from the calm sheltered Bay of Whispers, or Fluisterbaai, because of the little waves softly rolling out onto the 3 km long Golden Mile beach. You will return totally refreshed after enjoying the laid back life style and tranquil atmosphere of the old, original Britannia Bay. The house sits right above the slipway where the boats are launched, so you will visually delight in the activities below whilst sipping on your cocktails on one of the two balconies. Local net fishermen will row in and trek fish at dusk in typical West Coast style. The magnificent view will blow your mind!
The bay is ideal for all types of water sport, e.g. paddling, sailing, skiing, fishing, diving, kayaking, windsurfing, body boarding (on the other beach 300 m away), as well as walking or jogging. The Shelley Point Golf club is within 4 km from the house, and there are many dirt roads nearby which are ideal for mountain biking.
Fluistering sleeps 8 people comfortably, and offers the following (all brand new):
- Double garage with electric door opener. Direct entry into house
- Large open plan Lounge/TV-room (50" TV)/dining room (8 seater table) - with indoor braai and guest toilet nearby
- Fully equipped kitchen (gas and electric hobs, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, etc) and separate scullery (dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer)
- Large balcony with stack doors from living areas and main bedroom
- Main bedroom with queen size bed and en-suite bathroom (shower, bath, 2 basins, toilet), TV in room (32")
- Second bedroom with two beds, and en-suite bathroom (shower, basin, toilet)
- Large off-street, fully paved parking area
- Open plan TV-room (40" TV)/dining room (4 seater table) with indoor braai and kitchenette (fridge/freezer, microwave, wash basin)
- 2 large bedrooms: one with queen size bed, one with 2 beds
- full bathroom (bath, shower, basin, toilet)
- Huge pool room with pool table and dart board, couch and chairs, and TV (40")
All 4 TV's are HD. Kindly bring your own DSTV decoder and card. There are three Blue-Ray DVD players with proper sound systems.
All bedrooms have ample cupboard space, and come fully equipped with linen, pillows, duvets, and bath and hand towels (pse. bring your own beach towels). There are 2 loose mattresses for small children.
A large area has been put under lawn recently, and a delightful outdoor braai boma has just been added, overlooking the bay. Please note that you are to provide your own firewood.
Unfortunately no pets are allowed, and no smoking is allowed inside the house.
Top and bottom floors have independent alarm systems.
There are excellent restaurants in St Helena Bay, Shelley Point and Paternoster.
- bar fridge
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- boat / marine slipway onsite
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- dishwasher onsite
- double garage
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- fridge in unit
- golf (less than 5km)
- hair dryer
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up garage
- microwave in unit
- mountain biking
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- not serviced
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- remote security
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- stove in unit
- sun deck
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- toasted sandwich maker
- tumble dryer in unit
- washing machine in unit
- water skiing onsite
- whale watching onsite