Drakenzicht Country Lodge
A true mountain retreat for the whole family. GOLF right in front of your
chalet, go FISHING with the kids, cosy fireplace ...
When last did you hear ... nothing ? Absolute quiet ... with no passing traffic ... Where the view from your window belongs in a picture frame ...
The Drakenzicht Country Lodge and Mountain Links Golf Course is set high up on a mountain top right on the edge of the Drakensberg Escarpment where the grasslands of the Mpumalanga Highveld meets the warm Lowveld. It enjoys uninterrupted views of the Schoemanskloof valley with its spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
- 8km off the N4 (R36) Schoemanskloof road to Nelspruit
- an ideal golf & country destination, perfect family weekend getaway or a stop-over on route from Johannesburg / Pretoria to the Kruger National Park, Mozambique or Swaziland
- 2 1/2 hour drive from Pretoria and O.R. Tambo International Airport.
- In a malaria-free area and a central base from which day excursions can be taken to any of the following attractions: Kruger National Park, Blyde River Canyon, Graskop, Kaapsehoop, Sudwala caves and many more.
- Golf on site: 9-hole Mountain Links course to challenge even the most experienced golfer. Golf Carts and Halfway house available.
- Fishing on site: We have four dams available for some fishing (tilapia only). Bring your own fishing rods.
- Birding, mountain bike track, swimming, star gazing, walking trail and getting close to nature.
Drakenzicht offers accommodation for a maximum of 22 guests in stone built
chalets with thatched roofs. All chalets are facing towards the spectacular view
of the mountains and valley.
Garden family chalet (sleeps 7) :
3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, of which the main bedroom is on suite with its own cosy fireplace. Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, kettle and an open plan living room with built in braai place leading out onto lapa area with outside braai area. This unit overlooks the 4th hole on the golf course and lodge gardens with mountain views. Ideal for families with small children.
Escarpment family chalet (sleeps 7) :
- 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (one on suite), spacious loft room with 3 beds.
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, kettle.
- Open plan lounge and dining room has a built-in fireplace for those chilly evenings.
- An all weather braai area and large veranda on the edge of the escarpment enjoys ultimate privacy and views of the Schoemanskloof valley.
3x Luxury Double Chalets (sleeps 2)
- Double bed with en suite bathroom, en suite lounge with cosy fireplace
- Kitchenette with basic cutlery & crockery. Fitted with bar fridge, microwave, kettle, electric frying pan (no stove/wash basin). Equipped for light meals or private braais.
- Sliding doors leads onto verandah with private braai facilities
- Non-freestanding chalets with own entrance and separate patio
- Chalets overlook the golf course with glorious mountain views.
- Rooms are serviced daily, towels and linen provided (bring own swimming towels).
- First batch of firewood included. Extra wood available.
Children's policy : Children are most welcome (under 2 years stay
free), but given its layout, design and location children should be supervised
at all times.
No quad bikes permitted, but guided quad trails can be arranged at a neighbouring lodge.
Drakenzicht has smoke free buildings in an area with a high fire hazard. Smoking is permitted on the patios and outside areas, with a high level of care to prevent accidental fires.
What to bring :
- Golf Clubs, fishing rods
- Walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, picnic basket.
- Do not forget the groceries, the closest supermarket is 60 km away!
- Torch, reading material
- Kids : lawn sports equipment (cricket, soccer etc.), plenty of space to fly a kite!
Also note the 8km gravel entrance road is suitable for normal vehicles at 40km/h, sensitive vehicles not recommended. It does get slippery during rain, please drive with caution.
- bar fridge
- bar/cocktail lounge
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- conference venue onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- fishing onsite
- golf (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchenette only
- lake onsite
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- nature trail onsite
- on golf estate
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- television in communal area