90 Doornkop Fish and Wildlife Reserve
This upmarket, fully equipped 4 bedroom, each en-suite house is situated on a
RCI Gold Crown Resort on a 2000 hectare game reserve between Carolina and
The nature reserve is 2 hours and 30 min from Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Doornkop Private Fish and Wildlife Reserve offers you:
- Club house with 2 pools (1 heated).
- Huge games room.
- Horse riding.
- Fly fishing (10 dams stock to full capacity).
- 2 rivers that flow through the reserve.
- Game viewing/driving with own 4x4.
- 4x4 trails.
- DSTV in house.
- Cycling (bring your own).
- Hiking trails.
- Fantastic bird watching.
- Small shop.
- Peace and tranquillity.
- No pets allowed
The Thatch Stone House offers the following:
- The Thatch Stone House is situated on a hill overlooking the rivers and valleys.
- 4 bedrooms each with en-suite.
- 2 bedrooms have king-size beds and 2 bedrooms have 2 single beds each.
- Beautiful views from all the bedrooms.
- Huge open plan Lounge/dining room area.
- Build-in fire place.
- Huge covered stoep with deck, private swimming pool and built-in braai from which you can view zebras, blou wildebeest, giraffes, horses, etc. passing by.
- Outside Lapa and boma area where you can watch the sun set in the evenings around the campfire.
- Undercover parking.
- Sleeps in total 8 people
- The house is serviced twice daily
Outside is a closed lapa with a braai area and also undercover parking for
two cars. The house is situated up against a hill with stunning views of the
mountains, valleys and fly fishing dams. Very private as the house is build on a
hectare stand, within the greater resort. The house is 1.5km from the Clubhouse.
The resort has a clubhouse, a warm and cold swimming pool, tennis court, stables with 24 horses, games room and gym.
There are 10 fully maintained fly fishing dams, 2 rivers, the Swartpruit and upper Komatie flows through the resort. Cycling, hiking, 4x4'ing, there are also 2 waterfalls, which are part of the hiking trails. Ruins of the "People of the Sun", which are believed to be 2000 years old.
Many types of game like Zebra, Giraffe, Kudu, Impala, Waterbuck, Gray reedbuck, Jackal, Blesbok, Blue and Black Wildebeest, Gemsbok, Eland and many more. Also wonderful for bird watching. No predators, which is great for hiking and no threat to children. Game viewing can be done on foot, cycle or 4x4.
- big game onsite
- dishwasher (some units)
- DSTV in communal area
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing onsite
- game drives onsite
- heaters in unit
- horse riding onsite
- lake onsite
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- sauna/steam room onsite
- tennis court onsite
- washing machine in unit
From Johannesburg take the N12 to Witbank and continue on the N4 and turn off at Machadodorp. Take the R36 to Carolina and 26km later turn left at the Doornkop turnoff and continue 10km on a gravel road to the entrance of Doornkop Fish and wildlife Resort. The nearest airports are Johannesburg and Nelspruit.