Don de la Mer (Gift of the Sea) has the ocean on its door step. It is a property one with nature that refresh and restores the soul. Words like: Serenity, Tranquillity, Pure, Silence, Untouched, One-ness, Magical and Enchanting; are but a few that come to mind.
The property is situated in a secure Private Nature Reserve just 2hrs drive from Cape Town, on the West Coast.
It is surrounded with Cape Fynbos and virtually untouched by human hands.
It provides for a tranquil retreat from busy life with only the ocean and wind to keep you company.
The house provides for spectacular views of the Atlantic and the natural rocks in the area are a feast for your eyes as they sparkle with all colours of the rainbow.
The fishing village of St Helena Bay provides for most necessities and have a good infrastructure for when civilization is required. Towns nearby include: Vredenburg, Veldrif, Saldanha, Langebaan and Paternoster.
Furthermore, the West Coast Nature Reserve runs alongside the estate and allows off-road lovers the opportunity to drive along the beach to Paternoster (another nearby fishing village - an artistic tourist destination)
Don de la Mer invites you to kick off your shoes, relax and enjoy the Gift of the Sea!!
The house offers:
- Four double bedrooms with full on-suite bathrooms (downstairs rooms has TV)
- Open plan Dining room, Living room and Kitchen with bigscreen TV
- Kitchen is fully equipped with scullery
- Double oven
- Ice machine
- Kettle and Toaster
- Filter coffee machine
- Setting for 12
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fridge and Freezer
- Iron and ironing board
- An indoor outdoor braai room
- Grid and braai tools supplied
- Guest toilet
- Loft with on-suite bathroom
- Balcony ideal for coffee moments overlooking the ocean
- Double Garage and driveway parking
- Sundeck with loungers for those lazy days
- Cape St Martin, Private Nature Reserve
- St Helena Bay
- bar fridge
- beach (less than 500m)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in room
- DSTV in unit
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- lock-up garage
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- remote security
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite