Cottage Abigail has direct access to the beach, both Kent Bay and Marina Beach main beach. The combination of pristine beaches and magnificent gardens makes Cottage Abigail a must to visit , again and again.
Part of Surf Spray complex, Cottage Abigail has a rich and interesting history. Built by Fred and Christine Frayne in the 1950's, each cottage was named after their grandchildren, namely Anthony (now named 'Cottage Abigail'), Barry, Brian, Freddy, Johnny, Kathleen, Linda, Malcolm ('Sea Cottage') and Vivienne.
Accommodation comprises of two private bedrooms, with one bathroom. The main bedroom has a queen double bed and airconditioner (which is a must in the subtropical climate), the second bedroom has bunk beds and a single bed (sleeps up to 3) and there is a sleeper couch in the lounge.
Cottage Abigail is fully equipped; bed linen and bath towels are supplied.
A well fitted open plan kitchen and living area with a big screen TV. A large covered all weather patio ensures that Cottage Abigail can be visited all year round. Privacy is guaranteed; relax and unwind whilst taking in the sights and sounds of excellent sea views and the natural wild life in the garden.
Experience a care free holiday, right on the beach.
Enjoy the sound of crashing waves and sea air, blue duikers and bush buck still come to graze on our lawns, with an abundance of bird species, monkeys, dassies (rock rabbits) and other animals make this a mini paradise.
Services and Facilities:
- gas braai / barbeque
- Washing machine
- Tumble Drier
- ceiling fans in all the rooms
- Airconditioner in the main bedroom
- 'quick clean' (dishes/sweep/beds) Mondays to Fridays (additional cost)
- laundry service on request, Mondays to Fridays (additional cost)
- on-site management
- lock up single garage
- good cottage security and night watch
Marina Beach main beach is shared with San Lameer, it is pristine, safe and can be enjoyed by all ages. Ideal for walking, picnicking, swimming, surfing, kite flying or just relaxing. Facilities of the beach include a restaurant, toilet and change rooms, curios, rock pool and life guards.
Marina Beach is in close proximity to San Lameer, Southbroom and the Wild Coast gold courses.
Marina Beach is ideally situated on the Hibiscus Coast ensuring close proximity to all activities offered on the South Coast, which includes:
- 4x4 Quad biking
- adventure zones
- animal crocodile and reptile farms
- fresh water fishing
- water sports
- deep sea tours & fishing
- farm tours
- game drive & viewing
- indigenous gardens
- horse riding
- hiking & walking trails
- view sites
- rural & adventure tours
- mountain biking
- helicopter flips & charters
- craft & coffee shops
- art galleries
- beauty salons
- places of interest
- shopping malls
Peak Season - 30 days before date of arrival, 50% refund.
Mid Season - 30 days before date of arrival, 100% refund.
Low Season - 14 days before date of arrival, 100% refund.
Arrival & Departure Times
Arrival after 14h00 on date of arrival.
Departure by 09h00 on date of departure.
Final Arrival and Departure dates can be confirmed when making the reservation.
Cottage Abigail Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/BeachCottageAbigail
Terms Of Payment
1. A deposit of 50% is payable on confirmation of a booking. The balance in is payable 30 days before arrival.
2. A R300 admin/ departure cleaning fee applies to all bookings.
3. Breakages are to be discussed with the Resident Manager during and prior to leaving. Reimbursement's to be agreed and paid before departure.
4. 1 night bookings on request.
5. Guests need to respect the rules of the Surf Spray Complex, which will be communicated on arrival.
1. Cottage Abigail, comfortably sleeps 5 people.
2. Rates are per night, subject to availability and subject to change without notice.
3. 1 night bookings on request.
4. Guests need to respect the rules of the Surf Spray Complex, which will be communicated on arrival.