Cherry Tree Cottage
This small, personally run B&B lies in the serene country setting of Linden that is centrally located to Sandton, Rosebank, Hyde Park and just a short drive from Randburg and the Johannesburg CBD. This hidden gem is surrounded by Delta park, Emmerentia Dam and Botanical Gardens. We offer a tranquil environment & country feel only minutes from the hustle and bustle of the city life which suits both the corporate and leisure traveller.
Cherry Tree Cottage offers good value for money. It is comfortable, safe and secure, and centrally situated. The four, twin or king bed suites, can accommodate up to eight guests. The bedrooms are spacious, light and airy and you can relax in the morning on your own private patio overlooking lush gardens. Enjoy a substantial, wholesome, continental breakfast with that special touch. Feel welcome, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay.
Breakfast and the supper/self catering compromise
Rates are on a room only basis and Breakfast can be included. A substantial, wholesome, buffet continental breakfast is available in the dining room comprising fruit in season, juice, yoghurt, cereals, boiled eggs, and one of the following,- muffins, or croissants, or pancakes or scones or hotcross buns with a variety of preserves and tea or coffee. Croissants are usually served with cheese and ham, and we now offer french toast, scrambled or fried eggs. But we do not offer everything on the same day. We rotate them to give more variety through the week.
Breakfast is served daily from: Monday to Friday- 06.30-08.30 Saturday-Sunday- 07.30-09.30
Each suite is equipped with tea/coffee facilities and a fridge. We do not do self catering in the suites, but as a compromise we offer the use of the dining room facilities & microwave to heat up pre-prepared meals- but there are no cooking facilities. There are 22 restaurants nearby and within 2 blocks walking distance of Cherry Tree if you want to eat out. viz- Satori, Bikaner, Piccolo and PRON etc. The Argentinian bakery and Whippet are early morning venues, whilst High Tea @Crafters & Cravings and Paputzis are lunch rendevous. Parkhurst and Greenside and Emmerentia, Melville and Rosebank,- the "Gourmet Mile of Jhb" and the Cresta Mall and Brightwater Common are all close by. There is a Spar on the far corner of our block and a Woolworths and Pick & Pay a few blocks further away.
Check in: 14.00-20.00 Departure time: 06.30-09.30 All other times - by arrangement.
Please note: Failure to vacate by 09.30 will result in another day being charged.
Some local activities/attractions:
- Close to Melville, Cresta, Randburg, Parkhurst, Greenside, Parkview, Parktown, Rosebank, Hyde Park & Sandton.
- Linden boasts a covered/heated swimming pool, with Emmerentia Dam and Delta Park Nature Reserve in the vicinity.
- There are 22 restaurants nearby and within 2 blocks walking distance. Satori, Bikaner, Piccolo, PRON etc. The Argentinian bakery and Whippet are early morning venues, whilst High Tea @Crafters & Cravings and Paputzis are lunch rendevous.
- The "Gourmet Mile of Jhb"- Parkhurst and Greenside and Emmerentia, Melville and Rosebank is close by.
- We are a stones throw away from some of the best golf courses in Joburg; Wanderers, Randpark, Parkview, Wanderers, Bryanston Country Club, Houghton, Royal Jhb & Kensington Golf Club.
- The Brightwater Common & Monte Casino provide a wide variety of entertainment with top restaurants & cinemas & major shopping malls at Cresta, Hyde Park and Rosebank nearby.
- Sandton City & Mandela Square, The Gautrain and all the business and tourist facilities in Rosebank are nearby.
- We are centrally situated for St Augustines, Crossroads, RAU, University of Johannesburg and WITS University.
- The Eye Clinic in Beyers Naude Drive, MTN, Rhema, Randburg, MNet are close.
- An ideal retreat & convenient for all hospitals whether it be: the Donald Gordon Medical Centre; or the Netcare facilities at the Garden City, Milpark, Parklane or Rosebank Clinics; or the Medi-Clinic Hospitals at Sandton; or the AfroxHealthcare units at the Flora or Brenthurst Clinics.
- We're close to Hackle Brooke, Glenhove Conference Centre, Sandton Convention Centre, Coca Cola Dome, and further to Expo Centre at NASREC, Gallagher Convention Centre.
- Take time out to visit the Apartheid Museum & Gold Reef City Theme park, Constitution Hill, the Origins Centre, Maropeng-the cradle of Mankind, Lesedi Cutural Village.
- Further afield is the Sun City, Lost City and Valley of the waves and Pilansberg Nature Reserve.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Associate
- Member of TripAdvisor
- National Accommodation Association
- airport transfers
- big game (less than 30km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- cycling trails
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- heaters in unit
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- parking all onsite
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities