Nestled in the foothills of the Tsitsikamma Mountains, Cashel Cottage is the perfect place to relax and explore the many delights of The Crags, Plettenberg Bay, Natures Valley and the Garden Route. The farm boasts a network of well-maintained trails through fynbos and forest, two large freshwater dams and an abundance of birdlife. The private, self-contained cottage is an easy drive to many stunning beaches and animal sanctuaries, with numerous adventure activities to be enjoyed in the area.
This charming private cottage sleeps 6 people comfortably. It has 3 bedrooms, one with a double bed and two with twin beds. There is a well-equipped kitchen for self-catering, a bathroom with shower, and an open-plan lounge and dining area with a wood burning fireplace for the colder wintry days. The spacious outdoor patio area and braai/fire-pit overlook the lily-fringed farm dams and mountains.
On the property: to do
The extensive freshwater dams on the property are fed by natural springs. A refreshing swim on a hot summers day is a must; for the fishing enthusiast, Bass fishing is an option to while away the day. A canoe and other watercraft are available to paddle around the dams. Paths meander through the fynbos and forest, a delight for the avid birdwatcher.
- Animal sanctuaries: Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary, Monkeyland, Lawnwood Snake Sanctuary, Birds of Eden, The Elephant Sanctuary, and Tenikwa Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Puzzle Park is a fun visit for the children.
- Beaches: Natures Valley and Keurboomstrand are a short drive away.
- Adventure activities: Bloukrans Bungee Jump, Canyoning with AfriCanyon, Black-water tubing on the Storms River, Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour zip lines and Hog Hollow Horse Trails. For the mountain-bike, hiking or trail-running enthusiast, the farm is situated in an area full of exciting exploring opportunities and trails.
- The Mill Centre and Peppermill Café showcases local art and craft and provides a delicious pit-stop for the hungry.
- The Barnyard Theatre hosts visiting artists
- The Crags Winelands showcase local wine and champagne produced on the neighbouring farms, with tasting rooms and tapas restaurants for a lazy lunch.
- Kurland Estate hosts Polo tournaments from December to April, and Katarina's restaurant is open for al fresco dining.
- Plettenberg Bay is close enough to enjoy the many restaurants, shops and beaches for swimming and surfing. Whale and dolphin watching tours, sailing and fishing trips can be arranged in the town.
- WiFi available at the cottage
- We welcome children but sorry, no pets allowed
- Parking is provided on site
- There is no distracting television in the cottage
- Best suited to self-drive guests
- First Aid
- Fire Extinguisher
- Personal Safe
- Braai Starter pack with wood, firelighters and matches
- Welcome pack with tea, coffee, milk and sugar
- Fresh white cotton bedding and bath towels are provided
- Linen is changed once a week
- Smoking is restricted to outdoors, please be aware of the flammable nature of the area when smoking
- We encourage our guests to recycle in the bins provided
Kitchen facilities for self-catering:
- Gas Stove
- Fridge /Freezer
- Cutlery and crockery
- Pots and pans
- Braai/Barbeque equipment
- Books, Puzzles and scrabble
- Weber braai/BBQ
- Information pack for guests with maps and brochures of area
- big game (less than 30km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- canoeing onsite
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- fridge in unit
- game drives (less than 30km)
- hair dryer
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- lake onsite
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- nature trail onsite
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- stove in unit
- sun deck
- tea / coffee making facilities
- wi-fi / hotspot
N2 from Plettenberg Bay
Travelling from Plettenberg Bay on the N2, heading towards Port Elizabeth: turn left into Redford Road, after the Crags Superette/Petrol Station. Continue along this road for approximately 5kms. Turn left into Rondebosch Road. The farm, Kundalila, is the first farm on the left hand side on Rondebosch Road. Go through the farm gate and down the driveway to the main house. We will meet you and escort you to the cottage from there.
N2 from Port Elizabeth
Travelling from Port Elizabeth on the N2 in the direction of Plettenberg Bay: approximately 16 kilometers after the Toll Gate turn right into Redford Road, just before the Crags Superette/Petrol Station. Continue along this road for approximately 5kms. Turn left into Rondebosch Road. The farm, Kundalila, is the first farm on the left hand side on Rondebosch Road. Go through the farm gate and down the driveway to the main house. We will meet you and escort you to the cottage from there.