A fantastic 3-bedroom home directly located on a vlei at Imhoff's Gift in Kommetjie, only minutes away from Long Beach and Noordhoek Beach. We call the house "BUHLE" which means "beautiful house" in Xhosa - and it is truly unique.
Living in BUHLE means living in the middle of nature. You will find it hard to believe that you are in a build-up area of Cape Town.
There are awesome views of the surrounding mountains and vlei. Birdlife, like herons, fish eagle and many other birds, can be viewed directly from the comfort of your lounge.
Facing nature you are lulled to sleep by the sound of the sea and the silence of the day is interrupted by birdcall and crickets. Enjoy the walk along Long Beach while watching the surfers or go for an extended stroll along the magnificent Noordhoek Beach only 10 min away.
BUHLE is nestled in the security estate "Imhof's Gift", adjacent to the greater Table Mountain Nature Reserve.
- Exquisite, very large terrace with amazing views of Chapman's peak mountain.
- Sunny and spacious (160m2), sleeping from 2-6 people in absolute comfort and style. Well behaved children and pets are welcome.
- A main en-suite bedroom with king-size bed and direct access to the garden. Plenty of cabinet space available. A particular design element is the outside shower that is accessed from both the garden and the en-suite bathroom.
- An upstairs bedroom with a king-size bed and adjacent bathroom with shower. Stunning views from the bed into nature.
- An upstairs bedroom with sofa-bed (2,00 x 1,15m ) This room also serves as TV-room (DStv satellite).
- Open plan double-space kitchen, dining room and lounge. There is a high-tech pellet fireplace for those cooler nights. Lounge and dining room open up on to terrace with barbecue area.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with electric oven, gas stove and dish washer.
- Upstairs workspace setup with 4 Mbps ADSL lines, VoIP telephone and Wi-Fi throughout the house.
- Automated single garage plus open carport with off-street parking space in front of the house.
- An alarm system is monitoring the inside of the house and is linked to a control center.
- Each bedroom is equipped with a safe.
We provide linen, bath towels and good mattresses. Please bring own beach
Babysitting, daily cleaning and laundry service are available by arrangement.
Within easy reach of Cape Town's "Big 6" BUHLE is an ideal starting point for these well known tourist destinations: V&A Waterfront, Table Mountain Cableway, Kirstenbosch, Robben Island, Groot Constantia and Cape Point. Also, BUHLE is an excellent base for exploring the Winelands of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
Things To Do in the Area
The traditional fishing village of Kommetjie on the Atlantic Seaboard is just a thirty five minute drive from Cape Town City. Chapmen's Peak, Simon's Town, Camps Bay, Hout Bay are all within easy reach.
Shopping and dining, including fine dining, is available in the surroundings.
As a guest at BUHLE there is much to do in the area.
Start your horse riding, surfing, hiking, whale watching, golf and cycling experience from here.
Around the corner Imhoff's Farm offers stunning views, first-rate food, organic produce, unique shops, beach rides and animal encounters - a wonderful place for children.
Also, Noordhoek stables offer horse-riding for all levels of experience.
Exploring the peninsula along the Atlantic coast you drive past Kommetjie, Slangkop Lighthouse and Scarborough to Cape Point. On the eastern coast enjoy the comical penguins and the navel base in Simons Town. From the Simons Town harbor whale watching, shark cage diving and kayaking is available. The bustling village of Kalk Bay - excellent restaurants, interesting shops and the best ice cream in town - is home to a working harbor where many fishermen are seen offloading their catch of the day.
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- dishwasher (some units)
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in unit
- electronic safe
- lake onsite
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up garage
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite