|Contact :||Ashleigh Dolan|
|Local Tel :||039-9751227|
|INT Tel :||+27-39-9751227|
|Local Fax :||086-7436103|
|INT Fax :||+27-86-7436103|
Situated less then one hours drive South of Durban, Pennington is where you'll find this stately home, originally built for the first Prime Minister of the Union of South Africa, General Louis Botha in 1920.
Situated in the Umdoni Park, home to the highly ranked Umdoni Park Golf Course, guests are treated to lush unspoiled coastal vegetation, excellent bird watching opportunity, invigorating beach and forest walks and an abundance of ocean activities. It's location certainly allowing for all discerning travelers to come and enjoy the South Coast Experience first hand.
The entire decor within the house, although some having been upgraded in 2008, has been left to ensure the originality of the 1920's design features. Oregon pine floors, double volume ceilings, antique furniture and portraits, a grand old staircase and original bathroom fittings all add to the experience of this historical home. A large indigenous tree-filled garden with rolling lawns is discretely surrounded by an electric fence allowing you to enjoy the natural surroundings knowing that you can relax in a secure environment.
Consisting of 9 double bedrooms, each tastefully and comfortably decorated and all with their own en-suite bathrooms, the house caters for up to 18 guests on a bed and breakfast basis. King size beds, authentic Teak furniture and elegant finishes allow you, the guest, to relax and unwind in absolute comfort.
Two Luxury Suites include huge bedrooms, spacious bathrooms with Ball & Claw baths, a balcony with uninterrupted sea views, couches and a coffee table and ample cupboard space...perfect for those travelers looking to enjoy a more lengthy stay.
Two Standard Suites include generous bedrooms, large bathrooms with spacious showers and toilets, sea and garden views as well as suitable cupboard space...ideal for that weekend getaway or romantic night's stay.
Two Courtyard Rooms offer affordable accommodation to those seeking an equally unforgettable experience. Cosy bedrooms, en-suite bathrooms and with most of the amenities of the other suites, these rooms offer scenic courtyard, garden and forest views.
Three Garden Suites offer affordable accommodation for those seeking an equally unforgettable experience. Cosy bedrooms, en-suite bathroom with semi-private patios. These rooms offer scenic garden and parial sea-views.
Rooms consist of the following amenities:
- Tea/coffee tray
- Bar fridges
- Safety deposit box
- Bathrobe (Standard & Luxury Suites Only)
- Iron & ironing board
- TV/ Dstv - Selected channels
The large, partially covered terrace with stunning garden and ocean vistas, is the house centerpiece. Guests can enjoy sunrise breakfasts, relaxing afternoon tea/coffee as well as sun-downer and evening drinks.
All rooms are on a bed and breakfast basis with sumptuous traditional English breakfasts ready to get your day started off on a good note. Our famous home-made muesli is a closely guarded secret, however it's recipe has been known to find it's way to guests on request. Evening meals can be arranged on certain days of the week as well. There are also some good restaurants in the area where we will be happy to make a reservation for you.
Other facilities, services and activities include:
- Swimming pool
- Arranged golf packages to golf courses on the South Coast and Durban area
- Deep sea fishing charters on request
- Greater KwaZulu-Natal, Midweek, Honeymoon and other activity-orientated packages (please enquire)
- Lower South Coast trips to visit Crocodile farms, nature reserves, restaurants and other activities
- Take N2 South from Durban towards Port Shepstone for about 90km
- Take exit 104 Park Rynie / Pennington
- Turn left onto R612 at the top of the off ramp
- Continue for about 1km until traffic lights, then turn right onto R102 towards Pennington
- After approx. 8.5km turn left into Pennington Drive
- After approx. 700m turn right into Minerva Avenue (look out for Umdoni Course Golf sign)
- Continue straight, the road becomes Don Knight Ave, through the security gate onto the gravel road
- At the top of the raise, turn left towards the gate of Botha House
Directions from Wild Coast or Port Shepstone on the N2
- Take exit 93 (Esperenza / Sezela)
- Turn right onto R102 at the top of the off ramp
- Continue for about 5km, then turn right into Pennington Drive and follow directions as above.
- Payment Methods
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- DSTV in communal area
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- lock-up safe
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- Special Categories
- Golf Estate Accommodation
- Wedding Venue Accommodation