Botha House provides an unforgettable experience. Your home away from home where authenticity and style meets’ tranquil splendour.
Less than an hours’ drive from Durban, situated in the heart of one of KwaZulu-Natal's indigenous coastal forests, Botha House is an ideal location to enjoy the full South Coast experience.
For the discerning golfer, pack your golf clubs and tee-off on the picturesque Umdoni Park Golf Club.
And for those that may not play golf, enjoy a stroll along Pennington’s beach, or the Umdoni Park forest trails with exciting birding opportunities. The Park is also home to a host of wildlife (Bushbuck, Impithi, Red Duiker, nesting African Crowned Eagles).
For the more adventurous at heart, go scuba diving off the world renowned Aliwal Shoal or bungee jumping at Oribi Gorge.
Or simply relax with a glass of wine or the tipple of your choice and enjoy the breath-taking ocean vistas from our terrace or pool.
Comprising 9 double or twin en-suite bedrooms and a self-catering cottage, all with king-sized beds, this historical house can comfortably host up to 22 visitors.
Our Deluxe Suites include huge bedrooms, spacious bathrooms with Ball & Claw baths & a large shower, a balcony with uninterrupted sea views, and ample cupboard space...perfect for those travelers looking to enjoy a more lengthy stay.
Two Standard Suites include generous bedrooms, large bathrooms with spacious showers, uninterrupted sea views and generous cupboard space...ideal for that weekend getaway or romantic night's stay.
Two Courtyard Suites offer affordable accommodation with cosy bedrooms & en-suite bathrooms and include all the amenities offered in all our suites. They are separate to the main house with their own entrances and offer lovely views of our courtyard gardens where you can while away the hours watching birds enjoying the bird bath.
Three Garden Suites are separate from the main house with semi-private patios, lovely sea & garden views and easy access to the outdoor swimming pool. The bedrooms are spacious with huge en-suite showers. Really lovely and peaceful accommodation allowing you to relax and enjoy the sound of waves crashing to shore in the distance, not to mention the ambience and joy of beautiful, historical Botha House.
A self-catering cottage that sleeps 4 in 2 large double bedrooms with shared bathroom facilities and a huge outdoor shower. Kitchen is fully equipped and there is a small lounge and dining area set up on the veranda with lovely sea views and space for children to play in the garden whilst parents can enjoy a relaxed pot of tea or glass of wine in peaceful surroundings with spectacular sea views and abundant bird life.
Rooms consist of the following amenities:
- Tea/coffee tray
- Bar fridges
- Safety deposit box
- Bathrobe (Deluxe Suites only)
- Iron & ironing board available on request
- TV/ Dstv - Selected channels
Free wi-fi is available in the main house. Guests staying in our “external” accommodation are more than welcome to sit in our lovely library or lounge or on the terrace and connect.
The large, partially covered terrace with stunning garden and ocean vistas, is the house’s centerpiece. Guests can enjoy sunrise breakfasts, relaxing afternoon tea/coffee as well as sun-downer and evening drinks.
All rooms are on a bed and breakfast basis with sumptuous traditional English breakfasts ready to get your day started off on a good note. Our famous home-made muesli is a closely guarded-secret, however its recipe has been known to find its way to guests on request. Should those staying in the self-catering cottage prefer to join in for breakfast, simply speak to one of the Botha House Team and we will make the necessary arrangements. There are some good restaurants in the area where we will be happy to make a reservation for you. This includes our very own Umdoni Park Restaurant, with its’ beautiful ocean views and only a 2-minute drive from Botha House (Wednesday, Fridays and Saturdays for dinner / Lunch served every day).
Other activities include:
- Deep sea fishing charters
- Viewing vultures in their natural environment (Oribi Gorge
- Bungee jumping at Oribi Gorge
- Scuba diving off the highly renowned Aliwal Shoal
- Lower South Coast trips to visit Crocodile farms, nature reserves, restaurants, etc. (Own transport required)
- Photography opportunities
- Beach (Pennington Main Beach or Umdoni Point)
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- DSTV in communal area
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- lock-up safe
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- Take N2 South from Durban towards Port Shepstone for about 90km
- Take exit 104 Park Rynie / Pennington
- Turn left onto R612 at the top of the off ramp
- Continue for about 1km until traffic lights, then turn right onto R102 towards Pennington
- After approx. 8.5km turn left into Pennington Drive
- After approx. 700m turn right into Minerva Avenue (look out for Umdoni Course Golf sign)
- Continue straight, the road becomes Don Knight Ave, through the security gate onto the gravel road
- At the top of the raise, turn left towards the gate of Botha House
Directions from Wild Coast or Port Shepstone on the N2
- Take exit 93 (Esperenza / Sezela)
- Turn right onto R102 at the top of the off ramp
- Continue for about 5km, then turn right into Pennington Drive and follow directions as above.