Bluebottle Guesthouse is nestled on the slopes of the Muizenberg Mountain.
The guesthouse offers a breath-taking panoramic view of False bay from Cape
Hangklip on the one end of the bay to Cape Point on the other.
All of our suites are light & spacious and have stunning sea, lake and mountain views. The suites have glass sliding doors or french doors which open out onto a wooden balcony.
We have a spacious lounge to relax in; with plenty of books to read and DSTV for your enjoyment. There is a well stocked honesty bar, tea/coffee making facilities & marble-top guest kitchen if you need to store or cook anything.
Lovely knotty pine floors run throughout the house, complimented by wonderful antique pieces that grace the hallways and living areas. A landscaped walkway up a stepped slope leads you to our door, a quiet retreat far above the hustle and bustle of life. Due to our unique position it may be difficult for disabled or older guests to access.
Muizenberg is a half hour drive from the city centre and twenty minutes from the airport. We can organise transfers, car hire or tours for your convenience. There are wonderful tourist destinations in close proximity; such as the Cape Point Nature Reserve, the penguins at Boulders Beach, the famous Cape winelands, Constantia all being less than a half hour drive from the premises. We also have 3 golf courses within 5 minutes of the guesthouse.
There are a large variety of good restaurants and pubs near to us, serving anything from fresh seafood platters to cape Malay curries & a shopping centre and convenience stores all within 5 minutes walk.
The miles of white sands and safe blue waters of Muizenberg beach are a 5 minute walk from the guesthouse. There are several mountain walks and hikes that start just above the house. There is a train station less than 2 minutes from the guesthouse with trains leaving regularly toward Simon's Town along the water's edge and through the leafy suburbs to Cape Town.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Member of Cape Town Tourism
- airport transfers
- babysitting service
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- conference venue onsite
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchen communal
- lake (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking off-site
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant onsite
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- whale watching onsite
- Payment Methods
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Bed Configuration
- Double suite (Sleeps 2) x 7
- Room 1 - king
- Special Categories
- Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
- Wedding Venue Accommodation