This peace full house can accommodate up to 10 people.
Big Fish Seaside Cottage is a double-storey self-catering house ideally located in Leisure Bay just 5 minutes’ walk from the beach and offers a great view from the upstairs balcony to Port Edward with sea views. The house is about 8 km from Port Edward so there is easy access to the Spar for your groceries. Go on a bit further and cross the Mtamvuna River and you are at the Wild Coast Sun where you can enjoy a game of golf.
The house can accommodate up to 10 guests and comprises 4 bedrooms upstairs, and downstairs there are 2 bathrooms, and an open-plan kitchen, dining and living area. The first, third and fourth bedrooms each contain a queen-size bed, and the second bedroom contains 2 single beds. The first bathroom contains a bath and a shower, a toilet, and a washbasin. The second bathroom contains a shower, a toilet, and a washbasin. There is an additional guest toilet.
We provide bath and swimming towels. The kitchen is well-equipped for self-catering with 2 fridge-freezers, a stove and oven, microwave, kettle and a washing machine and dish washer and coffee machine, there is also a tumble dryer in the scullery. 1 bedroom off the living room. The lounge has ample seating and DStv. There is an Inverter for the TV and DSTV. Both the lounge and bedroom on the lower level are airconditioned.
Outside, there is a deck with seating and a built-in braai area. There is also a domestic available for cleaning, washing and ironing at an additional charge.
Covered carport parking is available on the property. This house is dog friendly so your fur kids can share your holiday.
Nature Reserves and Birding
Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve
This is one of KwaZulu-Natal's most spectacular natural settings, the scenic port Shepstone. Ideal for day-excursions, Oribi offers many delightful walks and self-guided trails to scenic spots in the reserve. There are numerous idyllic picnic spots on the banks of the river. Wildlife includes leopard, baboon, small antelope and a prolific bird life (The bird list numbers 250 with five kingfisher and seven eagle species).
Mpenjati Nature Reserve
This lush little coastal reserve is less than 10 minutes’ drive north from Leisure Bay. The 60-hectare reserve comprises a system of interlinking wetlands, grasslands and dune forests. The most popular activities are birding, fishing, swimming, and hiking. Two picnic sites on each bank of the Mpenjati River have barbecue facilities, ablution blocks, and a children's playground.
The Wild Five at Oribi Gorge should not be missed. Wild Gorge Swing - is the highest swing in the world. You step off the Lehrs waterfall into the depths of the gorge. Wild water rafting - relaxed paddle or rapids on the mighty Umzimkhulu. Wild Abseiling - currently the highest natural commercial abseils in the world at 110 meters. Wild Slide - a foofy slide for the less brave; slide 120m along a steel cable 160m above the ground for a unique view of the gorge and Lehrs falls. Wild Hiking and Bike Trails.
- Relax, unwind and enjoy seaside activities all year round.
- Rock and surf fishing - winter months being more rewarding.
- The spectacular sardine run is scheduled between May and August.
- Whale spotting - Southern Right, Humpback, Minky, Orca and Bryde's - through the year.
- Boating activities on the mighty Umtamvuna River.
- Explore the Transkei's wild coast.
- Adventure activities - Oribi Gorge for bungee jumping / abseiling, Golf - there are 5 superb courses within a 30-minute drive.
- Visit the Beaver Creek coffee farm Nature and hiking trails
- Visit the space centre Ski boat-fishing charters from Port Edward.
- Scuba diving excursions from Shelly Beach.
- Nearby casino for gambling and entertainment, including waterpark.
- Farm stalls, craft studios, coffee shops, Crocodile Park etc.
- Tennis, bowls, squash, golf - local clubs’ welcome visitors.
- Visit the petrified forest and fossil beds at the Wild Coast.