BergVenture is located on the 230ha property within the Fernwood share block. Fernwood Share Block is adjacent to the Okhahlamba World Heritage Park. The property is situated at the foot of the Cathkin Peak, Central Drakensberg, overlooking the Sterkspruit falls. Nature is all around us, everywhere you look.
Our accommodation caters for all from simple dormitory style rooms through to luxurious self-catering apartments.
We have 3 self-catering units available at BergVenture:
- Two at the end of the centre (Rooms with a View) which will send you into a world of beauty from your bed that will make you feel like you are in a dream.
- The self-catering units that are detached from the centre with a view of the mountain but a slightly different view.
Fernwood Share Block (Pty) Ltd, does not have a website as it is a private share block establishment, owned by private individuals. The Bell @ Fernwood and BergVenture self-catering units are the ONLY houses that are rented out commercially.
Rooms With A View At BergVenture
Rooms with a view are located at the end of our building with spectacular views of Cathkin Peak and the Sterkspruit falls. Not often you can lie in bed and be surrounded by panoramic picturesque mountains like this.
Inside the room there are 2 single beds (can be made into king size beds as well), open plan living separated by a wall that divides the kitchen from the bathroom. Room has a TV, Wifi, Kitchenette with a fridge and freezer, kettle, tea and coffee and a microwave.
Activities on the property
- Horse rides (extra cost)
- Plenty of walks
- Abseiling (extra cost)
BergVenture is the perfect venue for groups looking to reunite, explore and experience adventure.
BergVenture can accommodate 100 youth plus support staff. Onsite catering for your group or the option to cater for yourselves.
Qualified staff facilitate your group in finding adventure and creating memories, hiking and trail running. Sole use of centre when you book your group.
- Zip lining across our dam
- Extreme tree climb
- Horse riding
- Night hike & potjiekos cook off
- Obstacle course
- Ra building
- River and waterfall hikes
- Adjoining the Monks Cowl Heritage site where there are plenty of hikes of all description.
- Falcon Ridge Bird of Prey
- Shiva statue
- Reptile Centre
- Drakensberg Boys Choir School
- Champagne Sports Resort golf course about 10 min drive away (not on the property)
- Lots of restaurants in the area