Bella Vista Self-catering Cottage
Bella Vista is a spacious double-storey seafront holiday house with
spectacular panoramic sea and mountain views - see, hear, and smell the waves
breaking in front of you! The ideal getaway for couples, friends and families.
The house has 5 bedrooms, all with en suite bathrooms, and sleeps 10 people. It
is situated in the beautiful seaside village of Onrus, approximately 10 minutes
drive from the well-known resort town Hermanus and about 75 minutes' drive from
Cape Town airport.
- Spacious lounge/dining room (sea and mountain views) with built-in braai
facility, flat screen TV, dual view DSTv and surround sound system. The
dining table seats 12 people.
- Front balcony with breathtaking sea view and sunny north-facing balcony
with mountain view.
- Kitchenette with stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, basin and
- Sunny braai room with mountain and sea views - sheltered from the wind.
- Sea-facing bedroom (queen size bed) with en suite bathroom and sliding
door to front balcony.
- Mountain facing bedroom (double bed) with en suite bathroom and own
private balcony offering sea and mountain views.
- 3 bedrooms (all en suite):
1 with double bed, sunny north-facing room with mountain views.
1 with 2 single beds, sunny north-facing room with mountain views.
1 with queen size bed, sea view with sliding door to front patio.
- Comfortable lounge/dining room with sea view, flat screen TV, DSTV (dual
view) and sliding doors to front patio and fynbos garden.
- Fully equipped kitchen with sea view and scullery. (dishwasher, fridge,
microwave, stove, etc.)
- Laundry room equipped with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Beautiful fynbos garden (indigenous to the Cape) and lawn to relax.
- Outside braai / fire boma - sheltered from the wind.
- Outdoor shower to wash off the sand after a day at the beach.
- Secure parking for 2 vehicles plus carport for 3 additional vehicles.
- There is a security alarm and 24 hours response.
Things to do or see:
- Swim at the sandy Onrus beach, with safe lagoon swimming for children,
20 minutes' walk or a short 5 minute drive away, or take a dip in the lovely
tidal pool across the road from the house.
- Watch the whales from the shore from July to November - best whale
watching in the world! The highlight of the whale season is the annual Whale
Festival around September.
- Walk along the many splendid cliff paths in unspoilt surroundings along
the coastline, or enjoy the beautiful fynbos along mountain trails in
Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Caledon Wild Flower Reserve and Harold Porter
Botanical Gardens at Betty's Bay.
- Visit the craft market in Hermanus (Saturdays and Sundays), the many
small shops and galleries.
- Golf - 10 km from the renowned Arabella resort, 5 km to Hermanus or 15
min to Kleinmond.
- Boat trips, e.g. for whale watching, deep sea fishing, harbour tours.
- Visit the Caledon Spa and Casino - 30 minute's drive away.
- See the charming villages of Genadendal and Greyton, former mission
stations (35 minutes drive).
- Take a drive to the picturesque fishing village of Gansbaai.
- Go shark cage diving at Kleinbaai, near Gansbaai.
- Visit wine estates in the Hemel and Aarde Valley nearby, or explore the
many wine routes in the Overberg, Cape Winelands area.