Baleine Vue is a self catering cottage situated on the beach front in the quaint and picturesque West Coast fishing village of Paternoster. Paternoster is a little more than an hour's drive from beautiful Table Mountain. En route via the R27 the drive passes the beautiful coastal towns of Melkbosstrand, Yzerfontin and Langebaan as well as the West Coast National Park. The fauna and flora of the region is world renowned especially for the festival of colour that greets visitors in the spring when the fynbos flowers are in blossom.
Paternoster's tranquil setting along with the luxury of the beautifully appointed cottage ensure restful days which can be enjoyed fishing, kayaking, whale watching (from August until late November), strolling on the miles of sandy white beach, exploring the coves and bays of the West Coast National Park with its prolific bird life or taking in the magnificence of the festival of spring flowers in August and September.
At the end of fun filled days, fill the wine glasses and take in what must be one of the world's most beautiful sunsets while the crayfish that can be bought from the local fisherman sizzles away on the fire. One could not ask for a better setting.
Bedrooms: 3 extremely spacious luxury bedrooms all with top quality cotton linen. (Two of the bedrooms including the master bedroom are situated upstairs with en-suite bathrooms. The third bedroom is on the ground floor with an adjoining bathroom).
All bedrooms have sea views with the master bedroom leading on to a patio overlooking the main beach and 180 degree views of the bay.
Bathrooms: 3, one with shower, one with bath and master with shower and bath. All bathrooms are fitted with heated towel rails.
The kitchen is fitted with high quality utensils and includes a fridge/freezer with water and ice dispenser, gas stove and coffee machine.
Beautifully appointed open plan lounge and dining area with a huge fire place.
Laundry with washing machine and tumble dryer Patio with a braai area and weber DSTV Off street parking Alarm system Fully serviced between 10:00 and 12:00am
The cottage sleeps 6 in 3 rooms each fitted with queen size beds. Two rooms have a sleeper couch or mattress to allow for a total of 8 people.
Distance from beach: On the beach
Views: Stunning views from all rooms
Smoking: No smoking allowed in house
Pets: No pets allowed
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- DSTV in unit
- fishing onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- Open View HD Satellite TV
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer in unit
- washing machine in unit
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
32° 48' 33.98" S -
17° 53' 21.82" E
From Cape Town (± 140km)
- Travel north from Blouberg on the R27
- Travel north on the R27 past Yzerfontein and Langebaan until you get to the Vredenburg turn-off Turn left at the Vredenburg turn-off Travel through Vredenburg to Paternoster In Paternoster - go straight over the four way stop Turn first left towards the beach At the bottom of the hill on the corner find Baleine Vue
From Cape Town International Airport (± 155km)
- Travel towards Cape Town on the N2
- Take the N7 - Vanguard Drive (Malmesbury/Goodwood turnoff)
- Turn right towards Malmesbury and travel north on the N7
- Turn left at the Melkbosstrand turn-off and continue to the R27 Turn right onto the R27 and travel north past Yzerfontein and Langebaan until you get to the Vredenburg turn-off Turn left at the Vredenburg turn-off T ravel through Vredenburg to Paternoster.
- In Paternoster - go straight over the four way stop
- Turn first left towards the beach
- At the bottom of the hill on the corner find Baleine Vue