Ash River Lodge B&B
|Address:||723 Van Reenen Street
|Contact :||Mike Botha|
|Local Tel :||058-2561717|
|INT Tel :||+27-58-2561717|
|Local Fax :||086-6992854|
|INT Fax :||+27-86-6992854|
Ash River Lodge B&B
Commanding spectacular views of Mount Horeb & the Maluti's and a sandstone's throw from around 20+ restaurants, Ash River Lodge B&B offers accommodation for 22 guests.
Clarens is the "Free State Jewel" and "art capital" of South Africa, and the stylish, understated elegance of the Ash River Lodge B&B; represented by the passionate and nature loving Mike Botha; offers:
- 7 x en-suite Bedrooms with Queen Beds
- 3 x en-suite Bedrooms with King Beds (or 2 single beds by arrangement)
- 1 x honeymoon suite with king bed, kitchenette, full DSTV & sitting room
All rooms are en-suite, have private entrances & are equipped with coffee & tea facilities and more. Electric blankets for the challenging winter temperatures in Clarens. There are servers & additional seating in the room as well as outside seating to soak up the Clarens environment. We pride ourselves on unpretentious, comfortable and affordable accommodation. We have resisted a star rating, believing that word of mouth is a far better reference.
You are welcome to relax on the sprawling 100sqm deck with magnificent mountain views & a central fireplace, make use of the communal lounge with full DSTV & large fireplace or choose a magazine or book from our extensive library.
A full English breakfast and more is included in the rate. Please ask for our (now world renowned!) baked omelette.
We also offer wheelchair friendly facilities.
Fenced shaded carports are available.
Clarens, offers a myriad of activities and sights in the immediate area:
- Choice of 20+ Restaurants, coffee shops & Pubs.
- Shopping to satisfy most tastes.
- Visit more than 20 art galleries with a wide selection of original art on show.
- Scenic Horse Rides
- 18-hole Golf course.
- Wellness Centre & various other Spa's
- Golden Gate National Park
- Hiking Trails
- Bushman paintings
- Quad Bikes
- White River Rafting
- Basotho Cultural Village
- Payment Methods
- Cash on arrival
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Room 1,2,3,5,6,8,9 Double Rooms> Queen size bed, en-suit, private entrances, coffee and tea making facilities.Electric blankets and extra blankets are supplied for the challenging temperatures in Clar (Sleeps 22) x 11
- Room 1 - queen
- Room 2 - queen
- Room 3 - queen
- Room 4 - twin
- Room 5 - queen
- Room 6 - queen
- Room 7 - twin
- Room 8 - queen
- Room 9 - queen
- Room 10 - twin
- Room 11 - king
- big game (less than 30km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in unit
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchenette (some units)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- microwave (some units)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Special Categories
Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
detailsYour establishment has capacity to cater for groups of 10 or more.
Wheelchair Friendly Accommodation
detailsFor every 25 parking bays, at least one should be 3500mm wide
Number of bays : no information
The following apply
Minimum unobstructed space infront of doors
Ramps provided in close proximity to stairs Textured surfaces, such as roughened finishes, on all ramps, stairways and main circulation paths Route surface firm and even – surface should be hard with no gravel or cobble type finishes Clear unobstructed routes provided throughout the facility All areas well and evenly lit Door handles in the area located at a height of between 120cm – 80cm Signage displaying the international symbol of accessibility at the accessible pickup/drop-off point Fixed slip-resistant floor surface. Wooden floors, tiles or close pile carpet no higher than 13mm Re-positioning of furniture, and other obstructions in the room to meet guest requirements At registration any guest with a functional limitation [or any guest requesting such facility] is highlighted in the system, so that in the event of an emergency, special procedures can be taken to locate and evacuate these guests Floors should be level. If a difference in level is unavoidable this should not exceed a 1.3cm difference Floor surfaces at wheelchair areas should be level, stable, firm and slip-resistant. Carpet or carpet tile used on the floors must be securely attached, and be of a low pile type (1.3cm thick or less) with a firm pad Hand rails in the bathrooms Stable seating area in the bath / shower
Size of all door openings, when measured in the 90-degree open position
A minimum of 90cm x 120cm
Minimum of 76cm wide