Ash River Lodge B&B
Commanding spectacular views of Mount Horeb & the Maluti's and a sandstone's throw from around 20+ restaurants, Ash River Lodge B&B offers accommodation for 22 guests.
Clarens is the "Free State Jewel" and "art capital" of South Africa, and the stylish, understated elegance of the Ash River Lodge B&B; represented by the passionate and nature loving Mike Botha; offers:
- 7 x en-suite Bedrooms with Queen Beds
- 3 x en-suite Bedrooms with King Beds (or 2 single beds by arrangement)
- 1 x honeymoon suite with king bed, kitchenette, full DSTV & sitting room
All rooms are en-suite, have private entrances & are equipped with coffee & tea facilities and more. Electric blankets for the challenging winter temperatures in Clarens. There are servers & additional seating in the room as well as outside seating to soak up the Clarens environment. We pride ourselves on unpretentious, comfortable and affordable accommodation. We have resisted a star rating, believing that word of mouth is a far better reference.
You are welcome to relax on the sprawling 100sqm deck with magnificent mountain views & a central fireplace, make use of the communal lounge with full DSTV & large fireplace or choose a magazine or book from our extensive library.
A full English breakfast and more is included in the rate. Please ask for our (now world renowned!) baked omelette.
We also offer wheelchair friendly facilities.
Fenced shaded carports are available.
Clarens, offers a myriad of activities and sights in the immediate area:
- Choice of 20+ Restaurants, coffee shops & Pubs.
- Shopping to satisfy most tastes.
- Visit more than 20 art galleries with a wide selection of original art on show.
- Scenic Horse Rides
- 18-hole Golf course.
- Wellness Centre & various other Spa's
- Golden Gate National Park
- Hiking Trails
- Bushman paintings
- Quad Bikes
- White River Rafting
- Basotho Cultural Village
- big game (less than 30km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in unit
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchenette (some units)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- microwave (some units)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- wi-fi / hotspot