Dave and Hilary Badger will welcome you to idyllic Cape St Francis, where you can enjoy the unique experience of watching the sun rise, and set over the warm Indian Ocean, from our popular Sunset Rocks.
Anchorage consists of a 3-bedroomed house and two 1-bedroomed garden flats, with wooden decks, barbecue facilities, and off-road parking, in a quiet and sheltered area, 5 minutes walk from the 4km beach. Safe swimming, snorkeling and fishing are popular, while surfers can choose from several good spots, including world-renowned Seal Point, and nearby Bruce's Beauties.
The house has 2 bathrooms, a large kitchen, equipped for 8, and a separate diningroom and lounge, with television. A DSTV dish is installed, for use with your own decoder, so please remember to bring it! There is also a dishwasher, and an automatic washing-machine. If you would like the help of a cleaner during your stay, this can be arranged.
All bedding and bath-towels are supplied for 7 people.
Each flat, Mooring 1 and Mooring 2, has a TV, a comfortable double sleeper-couch in the lounge/kitchenette, a separate bedroom for 2, and shower, toilet and basin. Bed-linen and towels are supplied, and the kitchenette is equipped for 4, also with hot drinks.
Climb the historic Seal Point Lighthouse, walk through the Nature Reserves, and play tennis, golf, squash or bowls.
Relax over dinner at one of three fine local restaurants, or have drinks in a cozy fireside pub.
Fishing, game-viewing and canal-cruising excursions can be arranged.
St Francis Bay and The Port are 7km away, offering further shopping, dining and pampering opportunities for your enjoyment.
Whales can be seen in our Bay from July until October, and dolphins are frequent visitors throughout the year.
- bar fridge (some units)
- beach (less than 500m)
- big game (less than 30km)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- ceiling fans
- dishwasher (some units)
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- DSTV in some rooms
- DSTV in unit
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchenette (some units)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- not serviced
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- radio in room
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in room (non-satellite)
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- Payment Methods
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Bed Configuration
- Anchorage Cottage (Sleeps 8) x 1
- Room 1 - queen, three quarter
- Room 2 - bunk, single
- Room 3 - double
- Mooring 1 (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - double sleeper couch
- Mooring 2 (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - twin
- Room 2 - double sleeper couch
- Special Categories
Pet Friendly Accommodation
detailsThe following apply
Small dogs Big dogs Dogs have to be on lead whilst outside Kennels provided Kennels must be used Other animals on the property Horse stables – bedding provided Horse stables – bedding not provided Horse paddocks Grooms available Arena Parking area for horse box / float
Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
detailsYour establishment has capacity to cater for groups of 10 or more.
Anchorage Self-Catering appears in the following sections:
Cape St. Francis Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Cape St. Francis Pet Friendly Accommodation • Cape St. Francis Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation • Cape St. Francis Self Catering Accommodation