I would like to introduce Adley House by highlighting the following: Safe parking on the property. Victorian style - very beautifully furnished with antiques etc. Large, well kept garden & two swimming pools. Fourteen en-suite, well equipped rooms, M-net TV, stocked bar fridge's, hairdryers, tea & coffee facilities, overhead fans, electric blankets and heaters in winter. All rooms fully air-conditioned, with most modern, silent, individually operated, remote controlled units. Personally managed by true South Africans, Pieter & Hilda Retief. Fabulous dinners and braais on request, always including ostrich steaks. Real South African breakfast with homemade bread or vetkoek every morning. Telephone, fax & e-mail facilities available to our guests.
Built in 1905 by Sidney Herbert Adley during the "Ostrich Feather Boom" this magnificent sandstone Victorian home was bequeathed in 1948 to the orphans of the second world war, Mr/s Mc Morran tended 16 Polish orphans until until they completed high school in the early sixties. It was then sold we bought Adley House in 1989 and undertook the arduous task of restoration .Hilda started a bed & breakfast in 1994, which is now a true guest house a retreat for you to enjoy.
Pieter and Hilda Retief manage Adley House personally .As true South Africans and residents of Oudsthoorn for over 38 years, they are able to, not only give you a warm welcome and real S.A. hospitality, but also answer all the questions you may have.
Swartberg Pass is also not to be missed when visiting Oudtshoorn, the "Mecca" of the ostrich industry.
Old World Charm:
With modern amenities, relax in our well kept gardens and pools, park in safety ,in house on our large property. 14 large en-suite individually decorated rooms, all with TV stocked bar fridges, tea and coffee trays, individual modern remote controlled air conditioning overhead fans, telephones in all our rooms, fax and e mail facilities available to make your stay a pleasant one. Hilda bakes fresh bread rolls or vetkoek every morning and our visitors book has comments like the best breakfast in S.A.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- bar/cocktail lounge
- big game (less than 30km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- ostrich farm (less than 10km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- phone in room
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- radio in room
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- television in room (non-satellite)