A Whale of a Time
Under New Management, A Whale of a Time is now owned by Archie Theunissen and Ivan York, two business partners who are committed to ensuring that your stay at A Whale of a time is a memorable one!
The property has recently undergone renovations and has been revamped.
A Whale of a Time self catering accommodation in Fish Hoek is magical! There are various self catering apartments offered, from single rooms to family suites and garden apartments. Every room at a Whale of a Time has a spectacular view over the whole of False Bay and the accommodation is graded 3 Stars by the Tourism Grading Authority of South Africa.
The accommodation offered by us is your completely furnished home away from home, with the option of self catering or guest house accommodation.
We are perfectly situated in a pretty and central area, and about seven minutes walk to the beach (on the warmer seaside), shops and restaurants. A 10-15 minute drive will take you to The Boulders (penguin colony) in Simon's Town, or 20 minutes to Cape Point Nature Reserve from where you could take the scenic drive via Scarborough and Kommetjie back to Fish Hoek
Cape Town is about 30 min away with the lovely Table Mountain cableway and Victoria and Alfred Waterfront as some of the more well known tourist attractions.
The atmosphere and rooms at A Whale of A Time are designed to take away all your cares and instill peace and relaxation. Every unit overlooks the splendour of False Bay (where whales calve right in front of the cottage in season) in all its moods and colours.
Fish Hoek, in Cape Town, South Africa is in a great position to be the "Base" from where all your tourist activities start. We are able to help you arrange your adventures in the area and can offer great suggestions too.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- bar fridge
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- beach (less than 50m)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- canoeing onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in room
- DSTV in unit
- electronic safe
- electronic safe (some units)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- fridge in unit
- golf (less than 5km)
- guided nature walks
- hair dryer
- heaters in unit
- internet facilities
- kitchenette (some units)
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- parking all onsite
- private entrance - outside rooms
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
As you leave the airport, follow the N2 signs going toward City/Stadt/Cape Town until you see the exit for M3-Muizenberg.
From the city:
- Get onto the N2 and follow signs for M3-Muizenberg.
- Stay on the M3 until it ends at a T-junction after Tokai. Turn left, following the signs for Muizenberg. You quickly arrive at another T-junction – turn right into Main Road.
- Follow this road through Muizenberg, St James, Kalk Bay into Fish Hoek. Stay on Main Road through central Fish Hoek until you reach another T-junction at a large circle.
- Turn left at the circle following the sign for Simonstown. At the first traffic light turn right into Highway Road and immediately sharp left. Continue straight and the road becomes Echo. We are number 11 Echo road on the left hand side. Welcome!