508 The Boulders
R3000 per night
23 December to 11 January 2021
23 December to January 2021
4 - 11 January 2021 - R2500 per night
This is a beach front penthouse unit
Ballito is a small, bustling, modern village nestled between the rolling sugar cane hills and the warm Indian Ocean Coast of KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), South Africa. Situated just 30 minutes north of Durban, in the heart of the Dolphin Coast.
Our upmarket 3 bedroom corner unit apartment, is on the 5 th floor - airy and light, furnished in "beach house style" with stunning views over "Granny's Pool" and the warm Indian Ocean.
Two large balconies with magnificent sea views run the length of the property. Our spacious balcony gives a 180 degrees breathtaking view of the Indian Ocean.
From the balcony you can follow the dolphins diving and gambolling in the surf; here also you can enjoy sundowners and leave the rest of the world to itself.
This is the Riviera of the North Coast- relax and enjoy yourself!
The Boulders is situated on the beachfront, central to the CBD and is on the five kilometres shoreline promenade.
The ideal getaway base from which to explore the area or merely just to relax & unwind.
The newly renovated apartment sleeps 7 people, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
The en-suite-bath-main bedroom; with a magnificent sea view, leads onto the balcony with patio furniture where you can sit and watch the sunrise over the Indian Ocean!
A safe is provided for personal items, in the main bedroom.
The second bedroom offers two single beds (sea view).
The third bedroom sleeps 3, one single bed and a double bunk bed.
The separate bathroom is fitted with a shower, toilet and basin with a built-in vanity area and good lights to do your makeup.
Linen and duvets are provided, but please bring your own towels and beach umbrellas.
The open-plan kitchen, dining room and lounge area is sunny and the kitchen is fully fitted with stove, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave and Cutlery and crockery to serve 8 people, (all the necessary appliances).
The Lounge/dining room - with 2 sliding doors, leads to large balcony's with panoramic sea views. Two sun-lounging chairs for you to enjoy the sun and a second large patio table with 6 chairs - ideal for outdoor living and entertainment.
The living room is fitted with TV, and DVD Player (DStv - no need to bring own smart card).
All the rooms are fitted with ceiling fans.
Entrance into the complex is controlled by means of electric gates to a secure complex, with undercover parking for one vehicle. Open parking available for visitors and trailers.
Daily floor service included.
2 lifts in complex.
There are braai/barbeque facilities in a lovely garden at the communal swimming pool which is secure for children.
There is beach access through a gate.
The apartment is serviced daily except Sundays and Public Holidays.
No smoking inside please - only allowed outside on the balconies.
This is the ideal spot for a secure family holiday!
Nearby facilities available and Things to Do:
- 15km from the new Durban King Shaka International Airport, 30 minutes north of Durban and 20 minutes from the Gateway shopping centre in Umhlanga.
- Car hire available at Airport.
- Dolphins are a common sight.
- Restaurants and shops for basic commodities are within walking distance .All the shops you will need and much, much more!!!
- Take ways can be ordered and delivered
- Shopping; Umhlanga Rocks, houses a vast array of shops, 16 cinemas, Imax Theatre, tenpin bowling, games arcade for children and restaurants plus a huge standing wave known as DRex, a mega skate park designed by international expert Tony Hawk, the highest climbing wall imaginable and now a go-kart track, putt-putt course and a challenging 4x4 track. It's definitely worth a visit!
- There are several exclusive romantic restaurants, and for the young-at-heart, many popular night-spots are nearby to boogie the night away
- Flea market-every weekend.
- Championship Golf Courses: For the avid Golfers, Umhlali and Durban golf Courses are a short drive away
- Natal Sharks Board - Visit the only organisation of its kind in the world and learn about sharks and the prevention of shark attack. Natal Sharks Board (NSB), situated in Umhlanga Rocks, is a service organisation that protects beach users in KwaZulu Natal against shark attack. It has over thirty years of experience in prevention of attack, and research on sharks. Its staff act as consultants throughout the world and are willing to advise anyone with a shark attack problem.
- Croc Valley Reptile Park and take the children for a ride on a horse, horse cart or tractor at the Flag Animal Farm. Let them learn how to milk a cow and feed or cuddle other delightful, tame farm animals - only 5 minutes drive away.
- Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom 15kms away.
- Sugar Mill Casino - with 26 tables and 800 slot machines including Dream Machine, Super Slam, Poker Magic and the unforgettable Millennium Mania all operated by smart card technology, Mount Edgecombe's Sugar Mill Casino is completely coin less and represents the state-of-the-art in Sun International Casinos
- Ushaka Marine World is just a few of the attractions to keep old and young busy and happy.
- Swimming and surfing - We are on the beachfront / main beach 2 min walk Granny's pool on your doorstep - footsteps away- variety of other beaches. Our beautiful swimming beaches are protected by shark nets and attended by professional Life Savers or relax and sunbath at our private pool in the early morning tropical sun.
- Walkers and joggers - variety of walks: Ballito's promenade. Don't forget about the annual Indian Ocean Marathon in May! (42.2km from Ballito to Durban).
- Sports:, tennis, squash, walking, cycling, running, sailing, boating,
- Gym - Health & Fitness
- Whale Watching and Bird watching
- Sports: tennis, squash, walking, cycling, running, sailing, boating,
- Dolphins : Dolphins are a common sight - The area is known as the Dolphin Coast because of the pods of bottlenose dolphin, which frolic in the warm waters just off shore all year round.
- Swim with the dolphins in their own environment (conditions permitting). Take a specially organised boat trip into the midst of a school of these delightful, friendly creatures - a never-to-be-forgotten, mind-blowing experience.
- Helicopter rides: See a breathtaking birds-eye-view of the coast from a helicopter. Custom tours- booking in advance is necessary.
- Piloted micro light Flight: Take an exciting low altitude flight over Ballito and the surrounding coast in a piloted micro light. With the wind in your hair, see dolphins, whales and manta rays from the air as they swim in the ocean below.
- Fishing - variety of fishing sites or arranges a deep sea fishing boat trip for you when the fish are out and about and the weather is fine. Enjoy the thrill of launching through the surf or choose a harbour launch from Durban. Between December and March/April, you can catch Marlin, Sailfish, Dorado's, Wahoo, Tuna and Barracuda, amongst others.
- Scuba dive off the Sheffield Reef: Depth 9m, two parallel, with varied and plentiful fish and crustacean life; Tiffany's Reef: North of Salt Rock, 200m out, depth 8m, this flat reef with sand gullies is a popular spot for spear fishing, but is not recommended for diving from shore; Ballito's Big Bream Reef: 500m south of the Thompson's Bay tidal pool, small popular spear fishing spot 50m offshore, 7m deep; Ballito's Lemon fish Reef: Excellent crayfish spot (make sure you have your license), small, densely populated reef 150m out, depth 4m, access better by boat as beach access is through choppy rock channels.
- Ocean kayaking will allow you an even closer view of the dolphins.
- Guided out-rides on horseback through lush cane lands, from the stables to the beach and back again, can be a unique way to experience the natural beauty of the Dolphin Coast or enjoy an exhilarating horse ride through the beautiful indigenous forests of the Zimbali Estate and bordering unspoiled beaches. Share the trails with blue duiker, bushbuck, guinea fowl and other wildlife. Novices and experienced riders are catered for and accompanied by an experienced guide.
Other information which may interest tourists to the area - Many of the first Indian immigrants settled on this part of the coastline to work on the cane fields. The markets, mosques and temples of their descendants have brought an authentic Eastern flavour to the Dolphin Coast. Tongaat Beach, Ballito, Salt Rock, Pietermaritzburg area.
Something about the village and the area:
The Dolphin Coast, as this area is otherwise named, gets its name from the many Bottlenose dolphins, which frequent this section of the warm Indian Ocean. They can be seen from our apartment as they surf the waves most mornings in schools of anything up to 100 dolphins. This is one of the very few places in the world where you have the opportunity to swim with these magnificent, friendly creatures - a very special experience for anyone visiting the Dolphin Coast. (Records kept by the Ballito Surf Life Guards since 1998 show that, for the period from January 2000 to date, barely a day has passed without schools of dolphins being seen in the surf off our beaches - and then only when the weather was dull - an infrequent occurrence.)
We enjoy a sub-tropical climate with average summer temperatures of 24°C - 28°C and winters, not much cooler, with temperatures averaging between 22°C and 24°C. Average sea temperatures, recorded since January 2000:Jan 23°C, Feb 25°C, Mar 25°C, Apr 24°C, May 22°C, June 21°C; July 20°C, Aug 21°C, Sept 21°C, Oct 21°C, Nov 23°C, Dec 23°C. Our beautiful swimming beaches are protected by shark nets and attended by professional Life Savers.
KwaZulu-Natal - With its sub-tropical climate, long sandy beaches and plenty of sunshine, is certainly one of the best spots in the country to spend your holiday. This is the place to see how the different cultures live together to form part of the Rainbow Nation.
The best things in life are: the people we love, the places we've seen and the memories we've collected along the way!
- airport (less than 15km)
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- cycling trails
- dishwasher (some units)
- DSTV in communal area
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing onsite
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- spa facilities
- tea / coffee making facilities
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite