138 Marine Beachfront Guest House
138 Marine Beachfront Guesthouse have won the Top Destination Award for the BEST FOUR STAR GUESTHOUSE in SOUTH AFRICA in 2015. We also won SA Tourism Awards in 2010, 2011 and 2013.
It is a luxurious, upmarket guest house with spectacular sea front views. It is one of the few guesthouses in the Hermanus area which is situated right at the beachfront - any closer and you'd have a whale in your bath!
Spend lazy, sun-filled afternoons on the spacious terrace with panoramic views of the ocean and the surrounding mountains. Relax with a glass of estate wine on the deck next to the beach, or in front of the cosy open fire place and enjoy spectacular African sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean. Or stroll along the coastal path among rock pools, sea shells and fynbos bordering the guesthouse.
The extensive breakfast menu changes daily. On request, a picnic can be provided to enjoy on the beach in front of the guest house, and on-site wellness therapies can be arranged.
- Six Luxurious designer suites with superbly stylish decor
- King or queen-sized beds decked in 400-thread count Percale linen
- Underfloor heating
- Heated towel rails
- Satellite TV
- Wireless internet access
- Complimentary tea & coffee making facilities
- Electronic safes
- Ceiling fans
- Spacious sun terrace with magnificent sea and mountain views
- Balcony with stunning views of the sun setting over the Atlantic Ocean
- Complimentary sherry and port
- Roaring log fire in winter
- Off-street parking
- Laundry service - same day
Oyster Room (superior):
Breathtaking, panoramic sea and mountain views from four windows, including balcony; king-size bed (or twin beds), en suite designer bathroom with free-standing slipper bath, shower and twin basins.
Abalone Room (luxury) :
Spectacular sea and mountain views from queen-size bed and balcony, and even from spacious shower in en suite bathroom.
Coral Room (luxury):
Stunning sea view from exquisite open plan bath in bedroom and queen-size bed; en suite bathroom with twin basins and shower.
Periwinkle Room (luxury):
Special romantic ambience with stylishly decorated queen-size bed, decked in 400-thread count percale linen; en suite bathroom with twin basins and shower.
Seastar Room (superior):
Fabulous sea views from three windows; special king-size bed (or twin beds); beautiful en suite designer bathroom with bath and shower.
Mussel Room (luxury)
Huge windows with sea and mountain views; King-size bed (or twins), and two small single beds on request; En suite bathroom with shower, bath and twin basins; Private patio.
- Whale watching boat trips
- Shark-cage diving
- Mountain walks in Nature Reserves
- Dinner Reservations
- Wine Tasting
- Special winter rates
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Guest House Accommodation of South Africa
- Lilizela Award for the 4-star Guesthouse in the Western Cape Province with the Best Service (2013).
- Listed with Tourism South Africa
- Member of TripAdvisor
- National Top Destination Winner: Best 4 star Guesthouse in South Africa 2015
- National Winner Best Guesthouse in South Africa 2010/2011 (Dept. of Tourism)
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- nature trail onsite
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
Latitude: 34° 25' 29.97" S
Longitude: 19° 11' 30.82" E