Self Catering Cottage Accommodation
in Fouriesburg, Northern & Eastern Free State,
Free State, South Africa
For a wonderful country getaway with stunning views this self-catering
working cattle and grain farm is situated in the Eastern Free State in the
ambience of the Witteberg Mountain range. It is also the gateway to the
historical Anglo-Boer War, Clarens and Golden Gate National Park. We are
approximately 280km from Bloemfontein and 290km from Johannesburg (GPS
co-ordinates: S28:28:17.7784" E28:01:39.4930).
MALCOLM'S HOUSE (a traditional sandstone farm house - sleeping seven people)
- Two or three double bedrooms and 1 single bedroom - one bed. One double
room can be change to a single room with two beds. Two bathrooms - one with
a bath, another one with a shower and a bath. One separate toilet.
- All bedding and linen, etc provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- A reception room, with a gas fireplace for winter.
- A dining room.
- Electric blankets, panel heaters in the rooms.
LLOYD'S HOUSE (Sleeping six people):
- Three en-suit rooms. There is two extra single beds in the one double
- Fully equipped kitchen
- A dining room
- A lounge with a fireplace for winter
- Three en-suit bathrooms. One with a shower and bath. The other two with
- One bedroom, one bathroom - shower and bath and a fully equipped
The houses and self contained unit is fully serviced.
For recreation there are:
- Games and books.
- An outdoor braai on the veranda
- A Separate inside braai area
- Further down the road two dams stocked with Bass
- Variety of bird life.
- Mountain biking (bring your own)
- Mountain hiking
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.